Sexual and physical abuse are not associated with rectal hypersensitiviiy in patients with irritable bowel syndrome
- Cognitive Psychotherapy and Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Introduction to the Special Issue. Blanchard, Edward B. // Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy;Summer2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p99
Introduces a series of articles on psychological treatment of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Linked to Emotional Abuse. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Apr2000, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p3
Deals with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Clinical manifestations of the disease; Cause of the abdominal disease; Treatment.
- More women than men seek treatment for IBS. Gannon, Kathi // Drug Topics;5/5/2003 Supplement, Vol. 147 Issue 9, p17S
Discusses the prevalence and management of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Major role played by pharmacists in treating patients with IBS; Symptoms of IBS; Predominance of IBS in women than men; Therapeutic agents in the treatment of IBS.
- Irritable bowel syndrome--what it is and what it isn't. // Medical Update;Sep99, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p2
Provides information on causes and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- The Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Mechanisms and a Practical Approach to Management. Camilleri, Michael; Prather, Charlene M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;6/15/92 Part 1, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p1001
Presents a review of literature describing the pathophysiology and treatment of patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Mechanisms leading to the irritable bowel syndrome; Diagnostic strategy in suspected irritable bowel syndrome; Implications for future studies.
- The Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Review and a Graduated Multicomponent Treatment Approach. Drossman, Douglas A.; Thompson, W. Grant // Annals of Internal Medicine;6/15/92 Part 1, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p1009
Offers information on irritable bowel syndrome. Definition; Epidemiology and pathophysiology; Diagnosis and treatment.
- Management of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Different Views of the Same Disease. Almy, Thomas P. // Annals of Internal Medicine;6/15/92 Part 1, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p1027
Editorial. Comments on a series of articles that deal with the management of irritable bowel syndrome. Recommendations included in the articles; Differences in the approach in giving the psychophysiologic aspects of the syndrome; Implications of the study findings for physicians.
- How to treat irritable bowel syndrome. // New Zealand Doctor;12/15/2004, p21
Introduces a series of articles about irritable bowel syndrome.
- Irritable bowel syndrome genophenomics: correlation of serotonin-transporter polymorphisms and alosetron response. Scherl, E; Frissora, C L // Pharmacogenomics Journal;2003, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p64
Discusses the etiology of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Genetic aspects of IBS; Physiological changes associated with IBS; Effectiveness of alosteron in the treatment of IBS; Factors that influence pharmacogenetic molecular testing for IBS.