Hereditary diffuse gastric cancer: predominance of multiple foci of signet ring cell carcinoma in distal stomach and transitional zone
- PATHOLOGY DETECTION AND PATIENT AGE IN OPEN ACCESS AND "TARGET WAIT" ENDOSCOPY--AN AUDIT. Smith, G. V.; McCartney, S. A.; Bloom, S. L. // Gut;Apr2004 Supplement 3, Vol. 53, pA46
This article focuses on a study related to pathology detection and patient age in open access and "target wait" endoscopy. Two week or target referrals for patients suspected to have a malignancy have been suggested to complicate endoscopy referral practices with little benefit to the patient...
- WOULD RAISING THE AGE THRESHOLD FOR OPEN ACCESS ENDOSCOPY FROM 55 TO 65 YEARS LEAD TO A DELAY IN THE DIAGNOSIS OF OESOPHAGO- GASTRIC CANCER. Whymant-Morris, A.; Dunk, A. A.; Smith, A. D. // Gut;Apr2004 Supplement 3, Vol. 53, pA51
This article focuses on a study that explores whether raising the age threshold for open access endoscopy from 55 to 65 years would lead to a delay in the diagnosis of oesophago-gastric cancer. One priority of open access endoscopy (OAE) is that patients with alarm features can be investigated...
- GASTRIC CARCINOMA. Gilbert, Samuel M. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1969, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p537
Presents an abstract of the study "Gastric Carcinoma," by William B. Hutchinson, Lawrence B. Kiriluk and Jay M. Kranz.
- The Radiology Cornerâˆ—. Siegel, Hano A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec1975, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p490
Discusses three clinical patterns of presentation in patients with intramural gastric air or gas. Cystic pneumatosis; Interstitial gastric emphysema; Emphysematous gastritis.
- Endoscopy-Assisted Laparoscopic Resection of Gastric Heterotopic Pancreas. Margolin, Daniel J. // American Surgeon;Sep2008, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p829
This is a case report of a 51-year-old white female who underwent an endoscopy-assisted laparoscopic resection of a submucosal mass in the prepyloric region of the stomach, which turned out to be heterotopic pancreas. She presented with vague upper gastrointestinal complaints of pain, early...
- ABSTRACTS FOR GASTROENTEROLOGISTS. Cane, Walter; Eisenstadt, H. B.; Joseph, Hans J.; Brown, J. Edward; Walther, Joseph E.; Baird Jr., William; Beasley, L. K.; Gilbert, Samuel M. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1967, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p440
Presents abstracts of several articles on gastroenterology published in several medical journals. "Gastrointestinal Manifestations of Hyperparathyroidism," by John J. Eversman, Richard G. Farmer, and Charles H. Brown; "Gastric Aspiration in Fiber Optic Endoscopy," by Jerome D. Wayne, Ernest...
- Complications of gastrointestinal endoscopy. Palmer, Kevin R. // Gut;Apr2007, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p456
The article comments on a report, entitled "Scoping Our Practice," which analyzed events that contributed to complications and death occurring within 30 days of therapeutic endoscopy in Great Britain. The author suggests to only undertake procedures that are clinically indicated and to act in a...
- Trainee section symposium and free papers. // Gut;Jun2014 Supplement, Vol. 63, pA24
The article presents an abstract of the presentation "The UGIB-DOPS: Improving Training in GI Bleed Management in the Endoscopy Unit" by Johnson G and colleagues highlighted in the 2007 GI Bleed Audit.
- Fiberoptic Endoscopy: The Singular Transformative Event of Our Time. Wilcox, C. // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Nov2014, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p2619
No abstract available.