Measuring Standby Losses without Government Funding
- TANKLESS Water Heaters. Fultz, John // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Sep2004, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p28
Presents information on tankless water heaters. Advantages of tankless water heaters; Comparison between the capacity of electric and gas tankless water heaters; Benefits offered by the water heaters to plumbers; Overview of the environmental benefits of using tankless water heaters.
- Hot! Hot! Hot! Warwick, Peter // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Apr2010, Vol. 34 Issue 211, p46
The article offers information on different products used for heating water. Conventional water heaters function on energy sources like natural gas, oil, or electricity, and are cost-effective though less efficient than solar tank heaters because of the 15 to 20 percent heat loss of the former....
- Residential Water Heater Market Matures. Petrillo, Alan M. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Apr2005, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p56
Offers a look at the residential water heater market in the U.S. as of April 2005. Volume of manufactured units from 2003 to 2004; Trends in the market; Features of the standards for flammable vapor ignition resistant water heaters from the American National Standards Institute. INSET: What...
- Tankless Job. Sawyers, Harry // Popular Mechanics;Jul2010, Vol. 187 Issue 7, p92
The article offers information on tankless water heater. The tankless water heater can give continuous hot water supply but cannot be used for hard water as it tends to jam its machinery. It requires intake of fresh air for flame and an exhaust line to throw combustion gases. Its condensing heat...
- Extinction of the Force 10 Seacock is a Sign of the Times. // Practical Sailor;Apr2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p5
The article offers update on the status of the Force 10 Seacook, a single-burner swinging stove fueled by a small propane canister manufactured by the company Force 10, in the market. It indicates that the company's cabin heater was purchased by Vancouver-based Dickinson in summer of 2006....
- INTELLI-VENT GAS CONTROL WATER HEATER VALVE. // Restaurant Business;5/1/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p60
This article presents information regarding Intelli-Vent Gas Control Water Heater Valve. The control valve offers advanced diagnostic features and an efficient silicon nitrite hot surface igniter. The article also provides a photograph of the control valve.
- Heat-Generating Equipment. // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Jan2007, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p14
The article reviews several water heating equipment including the Flo-Direct gas-fired water heaters from Armstrong International, T-K3 water heaters from Takagi and the HI Delta fan-assisted-combustion water heaters from Raypak.
- Water heater kindles 30% energy savings. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Jan2004, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p45
Focuses on the implication of using water heater by the Lancaster Tank and Truck Wash for the company's energy savings in the U.S. Decision to switch to Kemco's direct-contact heater; Statement of Eric Anderson, part owner of the firm; Contact information.
- Hot water 'nightmare' quickly turns to customer 'thrill' at Zinc Restaurant. // Engineered Systems;Oct2004, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p25
Reports on how the installation of Rheem-Ruud AdvantagePlus commercial gas water heater has reduced the operating expenses of Zinc Restaurant in New Haven, Connecticut. Advantages of the gas water heater over electric water heater; Comment of Zinc Restaurant owner Donna Curran regarding the...