Grease Removal and Kitchen Exhaust Systems
- Development and Performance of a Retrofittable, High-Efficiency Grease Filter System for Kitchen Hoods. Farrell, F. M. (Tim); Fitch, Thornas M.; Morgan, Michael J. // ASHRAE Transactions;2007, Vol. 113 Issue 1, p548
Fats and oils are part of our diets and important cooking aids. Unfortunately, they also create greasy residues that are fire hazards and require expensive cleaning. The first line of defense against greasy kitchen emissions is a single-stage filter located in the exhaust hood. Recent...
- If you can't stand the heat…. Bristow, Kevin // Heating & Ventilating Review;Jul2011, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p28
This article discusses the application of filtration systems to prevent nuisance odors, grease, fat and other contaminants exhausted from commercial kitchens into the environment. It warns about the disadvantages of using carbon filters, including an adverse effect on back pressure and fan...
- EH & S CLINIC. // Products Finishing;Jul2011, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p38
The article provides an answer on the type of carbon filter for recycling scrubber exhaust.
- SIMPLIFYING AIRBORNE GREASE FILTRATION. // Restaurant & Catering News;May2014, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p22
The article evaluates the Grease Lock filters used in kitchen exhaust system from Total House which was exhibited at Fine Food New Zealand 2014.
- New equipment: Coolant & filtration Spotlight. // American Machinist;Apr2001, Vol. 145 Issue 4, p250
Deals with coolants and filtration products and equipment that may be of interest to machine-shops and machinists. AC1-70DE portable cyclonic filtration system from Almco Inc.; Bright-Cut chlorine-free cutting oils from Chevron Lubricants and Specialty Products Co.
- Proactive Maintenance and Offline Oil Filtration on Stamping Presses. Bradley, William // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;Dec2003, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p40
Focuses on the proactive maintenance and offline oil filtration on stamping presses. Definition of the types of maintenance; Limitations of oil analysis; Causes for wear.
- The Passage Of Deforming Drops Through A Slotted Microfilter. Kosvintsev, S. R.; Sutrisna, P. D.; Cumming, I. W.; Holdich, R. G.; Mason, G. // Chemical Engineering Research & Design: Transactions of the Inst;Apr2007, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p530
In the flow of a deforming drop through a slotted pore, such as during the microfiltration of oil drops suspended in water, the mechanism for the convection of the oil drops is liquid drag caused by permeate flow through the filter. If the slot is designed to have a converging inlet section then...
- Well-Oiled Firm. Gager, Russ // Food & Drink;Winter2010, p72
The article profiles R.F. Hunter Co., a provider of mobile edible oil-filtering equipment based in Dover, New Hampshire. The company offers five mobile FILTRATORS available locally and in international markets through distributors. Owner Dick Santoro stated that they offer more efficient and...
- Exhaust filters. // Colourage;Jun2001, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p44
Reports that Whatman Inc. has created a line of high-efficiency Balston vacuum pump exhaust filters.