CODES & STANDARDS
- Air Handling Units Part 2. Creamer, Mike // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Aug2008, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p35
The article deals with the design, specification, selection, performance and application of air handling units (ahus). A unit features a number of components to condition and control the air passing through it including air movement and air cleanliness. The basis of component selection may be...
- HVAC System. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/19/2005, Vol. 226 Issue 16, p10
The article evaluates a residential heating, ventilating, and air conditioning system, Infinityâ„¢System, developed by Carrier Corp., which provides longer heating and cooling cycles at lower fan speeds
- Portable Units Help Marines In Iraq. Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/2/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 1, p32
The article reports that winning a $45 million contract to build portable air conditioning units can be a life-changing experience for most companies and for those using the equipment. At least it's true for Ohio based Nordic Air Inc. and the United States Marine Corps (USMC). The manufacturer...
- Meetings & Shows. // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2004, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on the several forthcoming events related to the refrigeration and air conditioning industry. HARDI annual conference is going to be held from October 17-19 in Chicago. SMACNA annual convention is going to take place from October 24-28 in Maui, Hawaii. The Greebuild...
- BASICS FOR REFRIGERANT CHILLERS. Sakraida, Vincent A. // Engineered Systems;Dec2008, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p46
The article offers information on the basics for refrigerant chillers. Chillers are said to be the cooling workhorses for many industrial facilities. Chillers are of two categories such as absorption and refrigerant. It describes the refrigerant chillers which is the most complicated piece of...
- Fine-Tuning Refrigerants. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/9/2006, Vol. 227 Issue 2, p62
The article presents author's insights on the development of the major refrigeration-related conferences. The European Union appeared willing to continue to embrace the use of HFC refrigerants in a wide range of commercial applications. The use of the halogen-free refrigerant gets the greatest...
- FYI . . . Siegel, J. J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/26/2004, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p6
Presents news, events, and people updates in the U.S. ventilation and heating industry as of January 26, 2004. Appointment of Jerry Babiar as the new manager of Team Mechanical Inc.'s service division; Acquisition by REFCO Manufacturing (U.S.) Inc. of the Springfield, Massachusetts-based...
- FYI... Mazurkiewicz, Greg // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;04/09/2001, Vol. 212 Issue 15, p1
Reports developments related to the heating, ventilation and refrigeration industries as of April 2001. Appointment of Rick Miller as senior vice president of the organizational development of Dwyer Group Inc.; Approval of the Good Housekeeping Institute; Sale of several companies.
- Stop to Smell the Flowers (and Check Out the Hvac). Mazurkiewlcz, Greg // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;04/09/2001, Vol. 212 Issue 15, p38
Reports the participation of several heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) companies at the 'Home and Garden Show' in Pontiac, Michigan. Promotion of energy saving products; Tips on preventing home carbon monoxide poisoning; Offer of rebates on HVAC systems.