Invest in YOURSELF
- Coming Events. // Contract;Jun2005, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p42
The article presents a list of conferences and exhibitions related to the U.S. design and construction industry. "Extreme Textiles: Designing for High Performance" exhibition will be held through October 30, 2005 at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum in New York City. "Ecobuild America,"...
- MEXICO GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL ANNOUNCED AT GREENBUILD. // Environmental Design & Construction;Dec2004, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p12
This article focuses on the announcement of the creation of Mexico Green Building Council at the Greenbuild Conference. The Council will open to memberships in April 2005, accompanied by a series of educational presentations and promotional activities in Mexico. The Council forms an alliance of...
- CALENDAR. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p12
Presents the schedule of events related to engineering in the U.S. from March to October 2005. Thirteenth Annual National Conference on Building Commissioning; EcoBuild America Conference and Expo: Second Annual Engineering Green Buildings Conference and Expo.
- METALCON OFFERS ENVIRONMENTAL SESSIONS. // Environmental Design & Construction;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p16
Highlights the METALCON 2004, the 14th Annual Conference and Exhibition for the Metal Construction Industry to be held on October 20-22, 2004 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Participants of the conference; Topics to be addressed; Contact information.
- Calendar. // Las Vegas Business Press;7/26/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 28, Special Section p22
Presents schedule of conferences concerning the construction industry in Nevada, compiled as of July 2004. Certified Graduate Builders Series course on land development, site planning and zoning; Construction Financial Management Association luncheon; U.S. Green Building Council meeting; Society...
- Shifting attitudes and exposing choices are key. Stacey, Russ // Hospitality Construction;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p58
The article discusses the highlights of a seminar titled "How to Achieve a Sustainable Restaurant," held at the Commercial Construction Show in Orlando, Florida in June 2008. The most obvious challenge in green building is cost. According to Doug Jones, principal of Fitch, the opportunity for...
- CALENDAR. // Construction Bulletin;12/8/2008, Vol. 293 Issue 49, p29
A calendar of events related to the construction industry in Minnesota for December 2008 is presented, including the Building to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) for New Construction conference, the Supervisory Training Program and Open House.
- Industry collaborates to give concrete a green makeover. Stagg, James // Contract Journal;8/8/2007, Vol. 439 Issue 6637, p37
The article offers information on a meeting held in Great Britain in July 2007, to thrash out ways of working together on an industry-wide strategy to promote the sustainability credentials of concrete and speak with one voice on key industry issues. The meeting was attended by some senior...
- China, Mexico are on the Green Build Bandwagon. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Dec2004, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p10
The article reports that China and Mexico have been quickly progressing in the Green Building field. Two new key members joining the World Green Building Council (GBC) this year, Mexico and China, attest to the fact that rapidly developing countries want to be a part of it. Chinese authorities...