- ANSWER PAGE. // Scholastic Math (Teacher's Edition);9/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, pT4
Presents the answers to mathematics examinations for children which appeared in the 'Scholastic Math.'
- Sticky SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;1/24/2005, Vol. 73 Issue 13, p7
Presents a situation on taking a mathematics test.
- LET'S HOP. // Boys' Quest;Feb/Mar2002, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p44
Presents a test in math about frogs.
- Play on words. Trotter, Andrew // Education Week;05/09/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p21
Reports on the discovery of a prank question in a mathematics examination for tenth graders in Washington. Play on words committed on a test-item; Plans of school officials to prevent similar incidents from happening.
- National tests in mathematics: Two perspectives. Hawker, David; Ollerton, Mike // Mathematics Teaching;Sep99, Issue 168, p16
Provides perspectives on national tests in mathematics in Great Britain. Exchange of views between David Hawker of the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority and Mike Ollerton of St. Martin's College Lancaster; Unreliability of national standards in mathematical testing; Aims of teaching...
- A MATTER OF TIME: EMOTIONAL RESPONSES TO TIMED MATHEMATICS TESTS. Walen, Sharon B.; Williams, Steven R. // Educational Studies in Mathematics;2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p361
Examines the emotional responses of three individuals to timed mathematics tests. Emotional responses of two adult women and a grade-three girl; Implications for equitable assessment practices.
- Testing Glitch Prompts N. Carolina To Order System Audit. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;05/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p21
Reports on the demand of the North Carolina officials for a system audit because of problems arising from the end-of-grade math exam. Miscalculation of test scores resulting to high passing rates; Investigation on the technical standard-setting process and the school rating system; Advancement...
- Texas Launches Online Algebra Readiness Prgm. // Educational Marketer;9/16/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p3
Reports that the state of Texas is set to implement in September 2002 its first statewide online testing program with an algebra-readiness assessment for students in fifth through eighth grades.
- U.S. Test Scores Stagnant. Posey, Lee // State Legislatures;Apr2014, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p11
The article discusses the 2012 results of an academic test called Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) which looks at math, science and reading skills given to students in 65 countries every 3 years.