- People in the News. // Nutraceuticals World;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p48
The article announces career developments of executives including Rob Sinnot as chief science officer of Manmatech Inc., Jon Williams as director for business development of Aquaphram Biodiscovery Ltd. and Lisa Hammers as sales representative for American Laboratories Inc.
- Differential Extent of Opportunity Among Executives and Lower Managers. O'Donovan, Thomas R. // Journal of the Academy of Management;Aug62, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p139
Presents a study which discussed the factors associated with career development and opportunities among executives and lower managers. Methodology and study groups; Limitations of the study; Results and discussion; Summary and implications.
- The co- worldly executive. Jennings, Eugene E. // Management Review;Nov71, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p46
Discusses key issues relevant to the career development of executives. Loyalty ethic; Factors behind the increased executive changeover in corporations; Policy implications on management.
- Join the Club. Dickerson, Chad // InfoWorld;10/18/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p24
This article discusses the emergence of chief technology officers' (CTO) clubs and their significance to the career development of the officers. A few enterprising CTO across the country have started and are running successful CTO clubs to provide a regular venue for peer interaction. Two of the...
- Are you prepared to move up? Wilson, Howard // Industrial Management;Mar69, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p13
Discusses ways an employee can move up in an organization. Shortage in good management and supervisory personnel; Value of knowing the technical and operational aspects of one's job; Importance of having a knowledge of business.
- Ones TO WATCH. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/1/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 24, p8B
The article presents career developments of several business executives in East End, Long Island, New York. Leonard Barton is the owner of Bravura Art and Objects in Southampton. Diane Figari is the director of operations of the Inn and Spa, a hotel and catering facility at East Wind, Wading...
- Who doesn't want to be a millionaire? // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Nov/Dec2001, Issue 28, p31
Reports the importance of administrative skills for career and personal development in Great Britain. Emphasis of the nature of Not-for-Profit sector; Introduction of prospective professionals for organizations; Ways of gaining job satisfaction.
- FOR THE RECORD. // Northern Ontario Business;Apr2005, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p16A
Reports career developments of executives in Northern Ontario.
- Great Expectations? What the future holds for young managers. // Management Services;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p6
The article describes the results of a survey conducted by the Chartered Management Institute on the values and beliefs that shape the working lives of 25 to 35 year old managers. The survey aimed to explore perceptions of Great Britain corporate culture, assess work patterns; level of job...