D.C. Needs Federal Funds for Infrastructure, Say Mayor, CFO
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;10/19/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32241, p34
Presents a chart depicting invisible supply of bonds in the U.S. Cash-flow notes in Illinois; Tobacco refunding bonds in Iowa; Unemployment revenue bonds in Missouri.
- Carroll's Competitive Sale. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31928, p35
Reports that officials in Carroll County are planning to sell its general obligation bonds in Maryland.
- Iowa to Sell $635 Million of Revenue Bonds for Infrastructure Program. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/27/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33104, p28
The article reports on the expectation of Iowa treasurer's office to issue $635 million of revenue bonds for infrastructure program. Treasurer Michael Fitzgerald cautions that the final borrowing plans are subject to change if lawmakers make alterations in order to win approval. The state will...
- Petitioners Seeks Calif. Environmental Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/29/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32349, p1
The article reports on the petition campaign of the Conservative Group LLC to place a 5.4 billion dollar general obligation bond measure for environmental projects on the November ballot. This move results from the proposal of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to issue 68 billion dollar...
- Hartfood Hurries. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, p29
Reports on the multimillion-dollar refunding of the general obligations bonds of Hartford Parking Authority in Hartford, Connecticut. Assessment of credit agencies on the city's general obligation rating; Proceeds of the deal; Underwriters the transaction.
- Florida Co. Initiative On Track. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32471, p1
The article provides updates on the 25-year finance proposal for infrastructure projects of Orange County, Florida. According to reports, the county commissioners are expected to approve a $2.97 billion budget for fiscal year 2007 as funding for the first year of the project. The infrastructure...
- Highly Rated Seattle to Sell $133 Million of GOs Next Week. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p34
The article presents information on the plans of Seattle, Washington, to competitively price just over $133 million of limited-tax general obligation bonds to finance various transportation and infrastructure projects, as well as refinance outstanding debt. Michael van Dyck, the city's debt...
- Illinois task force may urge $12 billion for infrastructure. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30630, p1
Reports on Illinois' plans to borrow $4 billion with general obligation and revenue-backed bonds to help finance a five-year infrastructure program. Securitization of the debt; Other sources of financing for the infrastructure program; Possible increases in administrative fees to support the deal.
- N.Y.C. Selling $785M Of GOs Next Week. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p2
Reports on the plan of New York City, New York to sell a large amount of taxable fixed-rate general obligation bonds competitively on May 2, 2004 as part of its capital improvement program. Value of the negotiated tax-exempt general obligation deal launched by the city to market; Account of...