Nearly $4.5B Flows From Tax-Exempts: Long Weekend Factor
- The focus fad. Regnier, Pat; Edgerton, Jerry // Money;Aug1998, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p48
Presents numerous brief articles related to money funds for August 1, 1998. Performance of some concentrated fund portfolios; Mergers in the mutual fund industry; Bond funds in a sinking market; More.
- Tax-Exempts See $5.57 Billion in Outflows. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p29
Reports that tax-free money market funds had a net outflow of $5.57 billion in the U.S. during the week ended on July 5, 2004.
- Getting into murky waters. Harris, Shaun // Finweek;7/24/2008, p73
The article reports on the study conducted by investment analyst Tracy Burton concerning money market funds in South Africa. The study describes the regulatory problems governing the management of these funds associated with the use of derivatives. It cites that extendable and convertible notes...
- Run on Money Funds Ends, But Investors Shift From Prime to Treasuries. Barney, Lee // Money Management Executive;9/29/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the $27.5 billion invested by investors in money market funds after pulling out $186.6 billion in money market funds. The warning of the Federal Reserve concerning the danger of freezing credit markets appears to be over. Moreover, the Federal Reserve and the Department of...
- Companies an eager source of funds for Alliance. // Accountancy;Oct80, Vol. 91 Issue 1046, p23
This article reports that the Alliance Building Society has released fixed rate negotiable bonds in Great Britain in September 1980 to boost its supply of cash for home loans. The bonds were floated and fully subscribed. It has several features in common with the local authority yearling bond in...
- Tax-Free Yields Fail to Rise for 3rd Week. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31932, p6
Reports on the failure of tax-free money market fund yields to rise for a third consecutive week since the Federal Reserve raised its target for the key federal funds rate in late June 2004. Rise in taxable fund yields.
- Savings. Kalwarski, Tara; Freedman, Jonah // Money;Nov2004, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p212
Presents top current yields for bank money-market accounts, taxable money-market funds, tax-exempt money-market funds, short-term funds, and a variety of CDs as of October 2004.
- Savings. Kalwarski, Tara // Money;Dec2004, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p191
Presents top current yields for bank money-market accounts, taxable money-market funds, tax-exempt money-market funds, short-term funds, and a variety of CDs as of December 2004.
- Savings. Kalwarski, Tara // Money;Jun2004, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p178
This article ranks savings in different bonds and funds. Top current yields including VirtualBank; Taxable Money-Market Funds including PayPal Money Market Fund; Tax-exempt money-market funds including Alpine Municipal Money Market Fund; Taxable short-term bond funds including Metropolitan West...