Nearly $4.5B Flows From Tax-Exempts: Long Weekend Factor
- The focus fad. Regnier, Pat; Edgerton, Jerry // Money;Aug1998, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p48
Presents numerous brief articles related to money funds for August 1, 1998. Performance of some concentrated fund portfolios; Mergers in the mutual fund industry; Bond funds in a sinking market; More.
- Tax-Exempts See $5.57 Billion in Outflows. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p29
Reports that tax-free money market funds had a net outflow of $5.57 billion in the U.S. during the week ended on July 5, 2004.
- Run on Money Funds Ends, But Investors Shift From Prime to Treasuries. Barney, Lee // Money Management Executive;9/29/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the $27.5 billion invested by investors in money market funds after pulling out $186.6 billion in money market funds. The warning of the Federal Reserve concerning the danger of freezing credit markets appears to be over. Moreover, the Federal Reserve and the Department of...
- Getting into murky waters. Harris, Shaun // Finweek;7/24/2008, p73
The article reports on the study conducted by investment analyst Tracy Burton concerning money market funds in South Africa. The study describes the regulatory problems governing the management of these funds associated with the use of derivatives. It cites that extendable and convertible notes...
- Companies an eager source of funds for Alliance. // Accountancy;Oct80, Vol. 91 Issue 1046, p23
This article reports that the Alliance Building Society has released fixed rate negotiable bonds in Great Britain in September 1980 to boost its supply of cash for home loans. The bonds were floated and fully subscribed. It has several features in common with the local authority yearling bond in...
- Savings. Kalwarski, Tara // Money;Jul2004, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p126
Presents the ranks of savings in different bonds and funds. Top current yields including VirtualBank; Taxable Money-Market Funds including PayPal Money Market Fund; Tax-exempt money-market funds including Alpine Municipal Money Market Fund; Taxable short-term bond funds including Metropolitan...
- Tax-Frees Fall $1.69B Due to Institutions. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32248, p7
Reports that assets in tax-free funds decreased 1.69 billion dollars to 331.90 billion dollars during the week ending October 31, 2005 in the U.S.
- Equity Fund Assets Rise by $21B in July. Frankie, Chris // Money Management Executive;8/25/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p1
Reports the growth of equity fund assets in the U.S. in July 2003, according to data released mutual fund management firm Lipper. Amount of the increase reported; Attitude of investors toward the condition of the mutual fund industry; Market condition of bonds and money market funds in the country.
- Investing for a slow economy. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Feb2008, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p13
The article offers some strategies that can be taken to protect one's holdings. It recommends buying a large-cap growth fund or an exchange traded fund (ETF) since such funds are expected to do well in 2008. Money-market accounts are considered good options in a down market. Sticking to short-...