Educate Plans Potential $287.5M IPO, Will Shed Connections Academy To Focus On Tutoring
- SNAPSHOTS: Educate Inc. Goes Public. Borja, Rhea B. // Education Week;9/24/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p4
This article reports that Educate Inc., a tutoring and supplemental-services company, announced on September 23, 2004, its initial public offering. This offering is of 15 million shares of stock at $11 per share.
- Educate Inc. Puts Division Up for Sale. Borja, Rhea R. // Education Week;12/7/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p9
The article informs that tutoring company Educate Inc. wants to sell its main supplemental-services division after it posted lackluster sales in the third quarter of 2005. The Baltimore, Maryland-based company announced its aim in late October 2005 to sell Education Station. That subsidiary is...
- Educate Refines Tutoring Options, Looks To Sell Education Station. // Electronic Education Report;2/24/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p2
The article reports on the financial performance of Educate company, provider of K-12 tutoring services, and its plan to sell their site-based program Education Station for the No Child Left Behind tutoring services in the U.S. Educate, which operates Sylvan Learning Centers, eSylvan and the...
- Grand Canyon Faces IPO Valley. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;11/17/2008, p5
The article focuses on the status of the planned initial public offering (IPO) of Grand Canyon Education, an online nondenominational Christian college. Global Canyon plans to use the IPO to pay a special distribution of 75 percent of gross proceeds to stockholders. However, the author claims...
- One-to-one tutoring. Tice, Terrence N. // Education Digest;Dec97, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p47
Presents the study `Teacher's Evolving Conceptions of One-to-One Tutoring: A Three Tiered Teaching Experiment,' by Richard Lesh and Anthony E. Kelly which appeared in the July 1997 issue of the `Journal for Research in Mathematics Education.' Teachers' shift in teaching rules in the United States.
- California IPOs. Kaplan, Charles // Equities;Dec94, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p38
Provides information on the California-based companies with initial public offerings. EPIC Design Technology; Ortel; Edelbrock; Micro Linear; Sinter Metals; CasTech Aluminum Group.
- New registrations. // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/05/99, Vol. 65 Issue 14, p34
Lists registrations to float various securities in the United States filed by several companies between March 25 and April 1, 1999. Includes common stock offering for Appnet Systems Inc.; Globespan Semiconductor Inc.; Ford Motor Credit Co.
- New issues. // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/05/99, Vol. 65 Issue 14, p35
Lists securities floatation the United States between March 25 and April 1, 1999. Includes common stock offering for Autobytel.Com Inc.; Debt offering by Xerox Corp.; International debt offering by Sun Hung Kai & Co.
- Taking stock. // Business New Hampshire Magazine;Jun93, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Presents how the stocks of the New Hampshire public companies on the top 100 have faired since the market crash in 1987. Stock name and symbol; Price at October 19, 1987; Price growth rate; Dividend growth rate.