Harcourt Achieve Jumps Into K-12 Math Arena With Acquisition Of Saxon Publishers
- Harcourt to Buy Saxon Publishers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/7/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 23, p7
Reports on the agreement of Harcourt Achieve, a supplemental publishing division of Harcourt Inc., to acquire Saxon Publishers in 2004. Types of instructional materials published by Saxon; Terms of the deal; Significance of the acquisition to Harcourt Achieve.
- Harcourt Achieve To Consolidate Saxon Operations In Texas. // Educational Marketer;7/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p6
Reports on the strategy of Harcourt Inc. in the Texas ESL adoption. Availability of materials from its school division; Integration of Saxon Publishers; Consolidation of operations into Harcourt Achieve's base.
- Acquisitions and Partnerships... // Educational Marketer;5/10/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p8
The article presents information on business acquisitions and partnerships related to the publishing industry as of May 10, 2004. K-12 supplemental publisher Austin, Texas-based Harcourt Achieve, has partnered with assessment provider Kensington, California-based Let's Go Learn to provide the...
- Book Industry Consolidation and Authors' Incomes. Butler, Richard J. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2004, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p9
This article analyzes how consolidation in the book publishing industry affected book authors' incomes. Prior to consolidation, the richest authors have had their ups and downs along with the rest of the authors. In 1968, the third quartile cutoff was $48,560 and reached a high during this...
- Publishing's Unagonizing Reappraisal. Dempsey, David // New Republic;5/14/66, Vol. 154 Issue 20, p23
Examines the success of the book publishing industry in the U.S. and explores how the industry can maintain its cultural leverage and function in the society. Role of independent trade publishers in the literary output of the country; Overview of the non-book publishing sources supplying the...
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p6
Reports developments on the publishing industry in the U.S as of May 6, 2001. Volume of books published; Performance of book trading; Acquisition of the wholesale operations of The Bookmen Inc. by Ingram Buys Wholesale company.
- Thomson Learning Combines Two Higher Ed. Publishing Operations. // Educational Marketer;07/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p5
Reports that Thompson Learning company merged the operations of its higher education publishers, Brooks/Cole and Wadsworth, to create a an organization called Wadsworth Group.
- McGraw-Hill Children's Publishing Adds Frank Schaffer Publications. // Educational Marketer;06/04/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p3
Reports the acquisition of Toronto, Ontario-based Torsta's Frank Schaffer Publications by New York-based McGraw-Hill Cos. in May 2001.
- With Two Mega-Deals Closed, Future M & A Activity Seeks To Fill Niches. // Educational Marketer;8/20/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p5
Provides information on mergers and acquisitions in the publishing industry in the United States in 2001, including the acquisition of Boston Brahmin Houghton Mifflin by Vivendi Universal.