- LABEL WATCH. Lear, Jane Daniels // Gourmet;Apr2005, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p43
Advises on how to choose tuna. Use of "sushi grade" or "sashimi grade" labels as marketing ploys according to seafood expert Jon Rowley; Advantages of buying tuna from trusted fishmongers; Qualities of fresh tuna.
- From hooked to cooked. // Consumer Reports;Feb2001, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p28
Discusses various stages in which seafood can be spoiled and offers advice on how to prepare fish. Problems which can occur on the boat, such as waiting too long before the fish is put in ice; How fish can get to warm while on display in stores; Advice to store fish in ice on the way home from...
- SECRETS OF SUCCESS WITH CEVICHE. Roof, Bryan // Today's Dietitian;Jun2011, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p64
No abstract available.
- Bacteriology of Unshelled Frozen Blue Swimming Crab (Portunas pelagicus). Giuffrida, Alessandro; Ziino, Graziella; La Paola, Roberto; Bottari, Teresa; Panebianco, Antonio // Journal of Food Protection;Apr2004, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p809
In this study, 45 (10 whole specimens and 35 frozen claws) frozen samples of Portunus pelagicus imported into Sicily (Italy) from the west coast of Africa were examined to assess their bacteriological characteristics and suitability for consumption. Bacteriological examination was performed on...
- Clean bill of health for Faroe salmon. // Food & Drink Technology;Feb2007, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p10
The article reports that Faroe Seafood UK Ltd. has taken advantage of the positive report from the islands' food safety authority to relaunch farmed salmon portions and fillets into both retail and foodservice markets in Great Britain. The country's authority has reviewed the levels of...
- 4 Steps To Food Safety. // Current Health 2;Sep2005, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p16
Presents the steps to food safety suggested by the Partnership for Food Safety Education.
- Kitchen Confidential. // Current Health 2;Nov2006, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p7
A quiz concerning food safety and food handling is presented.
- Bacteria in Food? That's So Sick! // Current Health 1;Sep2005, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p26
Presents a guide for food safety.
- Play it safe! Hernandez, Jorge // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun99, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p100
Focuses on how to find potential food safety hazards. How to begin providing safe food; Evaluation of the storage areas; Tips in food preparation.