- Mary Kimbrough. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;May98, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p48
Profiles Mary Kimbrough, a registered dietitian, certified master chef and physician-researcher at Zale Lipshy University Hospital at Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. Her accomplishments; Background information on Kimbrough; Her vision for the hospital foodservice. INSETS: Career...
- Going Global. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p40
This article focuses on the demand for global cuisine in the U.S. Francesco Esposito, concept development chef for Aramark, has developed two new concepts one Mexican and the other Asian, to complement true ethnic flavors with the needs of his company's business dining, healthcare and campus...
- You're hired! // FoodService Director;12/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p18
Reports on the strategy of several foodservice directors in hiring foodservice employees. Remarks from Mary Kimbrough, director of nutritional services from Zale Lipshy University Hospital in Dallas, Texas, on hiring a cook; Questions asked by Richard Dansdill, support supervisor from Fremont...
- Leadership insight: Industry leaders discuss operating in changing times. // Refrigerated Transporter;Dec2008, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p41
The article offers insights of the foodservice distribution executives about the impact of economic concerns on the foodservice distribution in the U.S. The executives state that companies should take advantage of a slowing economy to embark on initiatives to retool to be more prepared for a...
- Join Club Med. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;1/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p39
Focuses on the efforts of Mary Kimbrough, director of nutrition services at Zale Lipshy University Hospital in Dallas, Texas in implementing Mediterranean dishes in an authentic way. Samples of mediterranean foods turned into specialty bars by Kimbrough and the Zale Lipshy nutrition services...
- CREATING ADAPTIVE BUDGETING FOOD INDUSTRY. Akhmedov, A. E.; Shatalov, M. A. // FES: Finance, Economy, Strategy;Dec2012, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p30
This article deals with the management of enterprises of food industry at present. It is concluded that budgeting is one of the key factors in enhancing the efficiency of their operations.
- Mary Kimbrough: Silver Plate/healthcare. // FoodService Director;04/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p50
Profiles Mary Kimbrough, director of nutrition services at Zale Lipshy University Hospital in Dallas, Texas. Comments from Kimbrough; When the textbook/cookbook by Kimbrough, chef Victor Gielesse and his wife, Kathryn will be published; Details on Kimbrough's partnership with Gielesse.
- A Menu Order Has Been Botched. What Do You Do? Sanson, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2004, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p8
Ponders on the appropriate measure for handling mistakes committed by restaurant staff.
- Time management crucial for foodservice professionals. Sullivan, Jim // Nation's Restaurant News;10/29/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p14
The article provides tips for managing time in the foodservice sector. A detailed log of activities must be kept. According to John Keener, owner of the Charleston Crab House, unnecessary tasks must be eliminated from work day. The difference between tasks that can be delegated and tasks that...