Health appeal 'leans' on pork
- VIETNAM-EATS. // Indianapolis Monthly;Apr2005, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p292
This article focuses on two Vietnamese restaurants in Indianapolis, Indiana. In Indianapolis, Vietnamese restaurants come and go before one even has a chance to sample a spring roll. The two Vietnamese restaurants are: Saigon Restaurant and Number 1 restaurant. Saigon's entire menu is Vietnamese...
- HITTING THE SAUCE. // Indianapolis Monthly;Oct2005, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p282
The article presents information on the new Frankie's BBQ, located at the corner of Illinois, near-northside Indiana. The South Bend-based chain opened in August 2005 and since then barbecue fans have beaten a path to the humble eatery for chicken so moist and juicy it slides right off the bone,...
- ...AND A WHOPPER OF A PR PLOY. // Restaurant Business;3/15/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p58
The article reports that after being lampooned by the "Tonight Show" for the heft of its burgers, the Hardee's fast-food chain alerted the media that it may soon be guilty as charged. A skit that aired on "Tonight" last month showed a fictional fast-feeder called Lardee's and its newest menu...
- SYDNEY RESTAURANT NEWS. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Mar2007, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p46
This article offers updates on several restaurants in Sydney, New South Wales. Examples of dishes offered at Safi restaurant include walnut and chili dip, Lebanese sausages, and lentils and rice. Chef Michael Moore has no plans of changing the Modern Australian menu of the Summit restaurant. The...
- Pigging out is in. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;2/7/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p32
The article focuses on the growth of pork offerings at various food establishments on the U.S. including Burger King, The Bristol, and Real Mex Restaurants.
- RECOMMENDED WINE. Sayburn, Ronan // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/27/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4679, p48
In this article, the author recommends to have roasted pork paired with the 2006 Balfour Brut Rose for lunch.
- Living high on the hog. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;4/28/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p47
Focuses on the popularity of pork belly in restaurant menus in the U.S. Presentation of different pork belly recipes; Seasonings used by chefs in cooking pork belly; Enumeration of restaurants offering pork belly in their menus.
- BEYOND CHOPS. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;10/15/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 20, p70
Focuses on the use of underutilized pig products in creating signature menus in the United States. Palatability of the Barbecued Pork Belly; Appeal of the menus to restaurant customers; Affordability of the pork cuts.
- Lance Thompson finds the recipe for career success. // Sarasota Magazine;Apr2005, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p248
This article presents information related to Lance Thompson who is four years into a career in the food industry. He was a businessman with degrees in engineering. When Thompson retired in 1999, he enrolled in the Cooking and Hospitality Institute in Chicago and went on to earn credentials at...