- REINVENTING SMOOTHIES. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p70
Relates the enhancements to the smoothie beverages offered by food service operators in the U.S. Smoothie stores opened by Freshen Quality Brands; Mango-based tropical smoothies launched by the company; Sales advantage of operating a smoothie and juice bar.
- AS MEAL REPLACEMENTS OR ALL-DAY ADD-ONS: SMOOTHIES GET BIGGER. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p70
Discusses the increasing popularity of smoothies in the U.S. Outlook for the performance of the smoothie market in 2002; Reasons behind the popularity of smoothies; Information on the smoothie programs of food service companies Aramark and Sodexho.
- Freshens seeks 'mini-DQ' image in big ice-cream-intro overhaul. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;9/17/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p8
Reports on the reimaging of the overhauls of Freshens Quality Brands that will introduce ice creams as extensions of the Freshens Premium Yogurt line in the United States. Products introduced to the Freshens Smoothie Co. menu; Features of the Freshens initiative; Companies partnering with Freshens.
- Mizzou Debuts Mark Twain Market. // Food Management;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the renovation of the dining services department at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Features of the servery called The Mark Twain Market; Menu options of diners.
- Cold Front. Aronovich, Hanna // Food & Drink;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p52
The article deals with Tropical Smoothie Cafe, a Destin, Florida-based chain of stores selling smoothies and sandwiches. The company has more than 230 stores across the U.S. Its criteria for selecting franchisees are outlined. According to the company, its mission is to offer consumers...
- Elevating the College Dining Experience Using Half the Space. // Food Management;Aug2012, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p32
The article announces that the foodservice program, Food on Demand, of Sodexo Inc. has received the Best Concept Award from the journal for management.
- SPOTLIGHT. // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p58
Evaluates several products and services related to food service in the U.S. "Servsafe," a food-safety training book published by the National Restaurant Association's Educational Foundation; Jams and jellies from Smuckers; Fusion smoothies from Dannon.
- BLEND YOUR WAY TO PROFITS. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun2005, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p102
This article discusses the popularity of smoothies and the types of machines used to make the beverage. The rise of smoothies was driven as a result of three foodservice trends. First, there is the healthful eating trend. Artificial flavors became unpopular and customers demand for fresh fruits....
- SMOOTH OPERATOR. Kyte, Alistair // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jan2009, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p40
The article focuses on the smoothie business which keeps healthy lifestyles in the marketplace. It provides information on Sam Haider and his wife's Euphoria Smoothies which started their business in 2004 in North Bay, Ontario. It states that after its success in 1999, smoothies quickly became...