Fresh vegetable acreage up 3%
- FOR 11 FRESH MARKET VEGETABLES: Projected fresh vege. harvest acreage up 4%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p54
Predicts growth in harvest acreage for fresh market vegetables during the winter quarter of 2003 in the U.S. Prospect facing cabbage production in Florida; Factor attributed to projected acreage growth of cauliflower in California; Forecast on the rise in harvested acres of winter spinach.
- COMPARED TO LAST YEAR: Fresh vegetable acreage unchanged. Thienpoint, Chuck // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p48
Predicts the prospective area for harvest of selected fresh market vegetables during the fall quarter of 2002. Vegetables with predicted increase in acreage; Decline in the projected acreage on the fall harvest of broccoli in California; Rise in area forecasted for melon harvest; Forecast on...
- MELON HARVEST UP 9%: Fall fresh vegetable acreage up 4%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p58
Predicts the prospective area for harvest of selected fresh market vegetables for the fall quarter of 2001 in the United States. Vegetables included in the acreage increase forecast; Projected rise in the fresh market acreage of cabbage; Forecast on the fall acreage of California's celery harvest.
- State vegetables, melons compared. // Western Farm Press;11/5/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p31
Focuses on the harvest forecasts on the various vegetables of the vegetable industry in California.
- Freshness Protection. // American Vegetable Grower;Aug2003, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the launch of Ethylclean ethylene detection instrument from Storage Control Systems Inc. in August 2003. Benefits for vegetable growers; Features of the product.
- Increasing Harvest Efficiency. Brecht, Jeff; Ritenour, Mark; Sargent, Steve // American Vegetable Grower;Feb2007, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p52
The article focuses on the benefits of field conveyor systems that allow continuous harvest of vegetable crops to vegetable farms. The general types of the system are tractor-mounted, self-propelled conveyor belt and mobile field-packing units. The tractor-mounted system is ideal for smaller...
- Cotton. Agbenyegah, Benjamin K. // Agricultural Commodities;December Quarter 2013, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p64
The article reports on the world indicator price for cotton which is forecast to average 86 U.S. cents per pound in 2013 to 2014. It notes that the decline in forecast price reflects a forecast increase in the world stocks-to-use ratio to record levels as world cotton stocks increase further. It...
- Coarse grains. Mobsby, David // Agricultural Commodities;December Quarter 2013, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p39
The article focuses on the forecast for the world coarse grains whose indicator price is expected to fall by 29 per cent in 2013-2014 to 220 U.S. dollars a tonne. It notes that the indicator reflects a record corn harvest in the U.S. It says that the world indicator price for barley is forecast...
- Oilseeds. Deards, Beth // Agricultural Commodities;December Quarter 2013, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p48
The article focuses on the world oilseeds indicator price which is forecast to decline by 15 per cent in 2013 to 2014. It says that the prospect of a record crop in Latin America and the rising world stocks are expected to put downward pressure on the world oilseeds indicator price in the second...