- THE hot ZONE. Goad, Kim // New York;05/29/2000, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p45
Deals with the plan of Courtney Ross, widow of the late Time Warner Chairman Steve Ross, to build an extension of the Ross School in East Hampton, New York. Reaction of the Village Preservation Society on her plan; Issues surrounding the extension plan; Comments from Ross.
- Children, our most valuable resource? // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/25/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p58A
Comments on Richard Amper's commitment to block a proposal by the Ross School in East Hampton, New York, to expand its campus for additional educational programs. Amper's exerting of pressure to the Town of East Hampton to block even public discussion of the school's proposal; Need for the Ross...
- UVA, Morrison Signal Health. // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the introduction of the cafeteria program called Signals for Health by the University of Virginia Medical Center in its Wahoo West cafeteria. The cafeteria program is extension of successful year-old vending program. Signals for Health provides color coding for menu items...
- Small but Flavorful. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;7/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p32
The article focuses on serving small portion servings in foodservice settings in the U.S. It reports that the Presbyterian Hospital in Plano, Texas serves three to four-ounce servings of proteins which is appropriate amount for patients according to its Foodservice Director, Mary Spicer....
- Contract Hit on the Ross School. Keil, Beth Landman; Spiegelman, Ian; Herman, Paige; Goodman, Abbey // New York;12/18/2000, Vol. 33 Issue 49, p23
Deals with the lawsuit filed by Telemark Construction company against Ross School in East Hampton, New York. Why Ross School hired the company; Completion of the job; Background on the lawsuit involving Telemark and film producer Don Hewitt.
- Crustano's CafÃ© Branded Solution. // Convenience Store News;2/16/2009, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p14
The article reports that a complete branded food service solution is available from Tyson Food Service in the form of Crustano's Caf, a new turnkey offering for Tyson Branded Solutions program. The system offers a wide variety of menu options including fresh salads, flatbread pizzas, paninis,...
- Double take. // Finweek;11/6/2014, p62
The comic strip "Double take" is presented.
- Inviting Consumers To Downsize Fast-Food Portions Significantly Reduces Calorie Consumption. Schwartz, Janet; Riis, Jason; Elbel, Brian; Ariely, Dan // Health Affairs;Feb2012, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p399
Policies that mandate calorie labeling in fast-food and chain restaurants have had little or no observable impact on calorie consumption to date. In three field experiments, we tested an alternative approach: activating consumers' self-control by having servers ask customers if they wanted to...
- Portion size of campus takeaway foods and serving size estimates of common foods. Volker, D. H.; Leary, C.; Gill, T. P. // Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition;2003 Supplement, Vol. 12, p74
Background: Advertised meal deals are increasing in size, the average Australian is increasing in size and consumers appear to have lost the ability to judge appropriate food portion size. Objective: To investigate portion size of foods from on campus food outlets, takeaway outlets and...