Heading your way
- Culinary R&D attendees look to the next big food trends. Thorn, Bret; Parseghian, Pamela; Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;11/6/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p62
The article reports on the outlook of several food trend experts who attended the fifth annual Culinary R&D conference in Dallas, Texas. New dishes in chains will include organic ingredients, according to New York-based celebrity chef David Burke, restaurant menu forecaster Nancy Kruse and menu...
- Industry executives convene at annual Elliot conference. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;6/7/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p72
Focuses on the meeting of foodservice executives at the 19th annual Elliot Leadership conference at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York. Discussion of industry leaders on the economic status of the industry, nutrition trends and best practices in human resources in the United States;...
- Technomic: Do more for consumers who want to spend less. Ravneberg, Christi // Nation's Restaurant News;11/2/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 41, p33
Information about the discussion entitled "New Food Service: A Guide to Patron Care & Feeding in Uncertain Times" that was held at the inaugural Menu Trends & Directions conference of the Nation's Restaurant News in Dallas, Texas in 2009 is presented. It featured the results of the survey...
- SCHRUNTEK TO RETIRE: POND STEPS UP AT FSD. // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the promotion of James Pond to chief editor of the 'Food Service Director' magazine in June 2002. Plan of founding editor Walter Schruntek to retire at the end of 2002; Career background of Pond; His contributions to the publication.
- seen. // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p14
Photographs taken during the 21st National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management conference held in Indian Wells, California are presented, including photographs of Patti Oliver and Regina Toomey Bueno.
- Business trends take backseat to people at 2002 Western show. Liddle, Allan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/9/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 36, p4
Highlights the Western Foodservice and Hospitality Expo in San Francisco, California. Participation of food service professionals in the conference; Discussion on the impact of the September 11 terrorist attack on the restaurant business; Decline of restaurant sales.
- Suppliers, operators come together to address, prioritize issues. Howard, Theresa // Nation's Restaurant News;03/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p44
Focuses on the 1997 Chain Operators Exchange (COEX) confab's roundtable discussion on priority issues of food service operators and industry suppliers. Proper product positioning; Communication between various company functions; Role of suppliers in daily operations; Suppliers' efforts to reach...
- `Roadmap' speakers urge support for scholarships, mentors. Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;03/20/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p57
Reports on different issues and concerns in the United States foodservice industry that were discusses during the Chain Operators Exchange conference in 2000. Impact of electronic commerce and bioengineered foods on the foodservice business; General session on scholarships and the role of...
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/2/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p41
Presents a calendar of events that lists congresses and conventions related to the food service industry in the U.S.