"GET ME JESUS CHRIST!"
- And in the beginning: $26 mil B.O. Snyder, Gabriel // Daily Variety;2/27/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the first-day box-office performance of the film "The Passion of the Christ," directed by Mel Gibson. Record-setting debut of the film; Total box office receipt of the film in its opening day; Suggestion that the film would defy earlier predictions and be a commercial success.
- Lethal Suffering. Chattaway, Peter T. // Christianity Today;Mar2004, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p36
Emphasizes the humanity of Jesus Christ that is portrayed in the motion picture "The Passion of the Christ," directed by Mel Gibson. Background of Gibson; Actors and actresses the played the role of Biblical characters; Biblical accuracy of the scenes in the motion picture; Effective depiction...
- Mel's punitive passions. Bart, Peter // Variety;3/1/2004, Vol. 394 Issue 3, p3
Comments on the controversy surrounding Mel Gibson's interpretation of Jesus' last hour in the motion picture "The Passion of the Christ." Description of Gibson's entrepreneurial skills; Intention for making the film; Impact of the controversy on Gibson's career.
- Put Your Money Where Your Movie Is. Smith, Sean // Newsweek;3/22/2004, Vol. 143 Issue 12, p60
Discusses the box-office success of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" and its effect on the motion picture industry. Belief that the film's success is a singular cultural event that cannot be repeated; How Gibson paid for the creation of the movie himself, which is unique compared to...
- THE GORIEST STORY EVER TOLD. Corliss, Richard // Time;3/1/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 9, p64
Reviews the motion picture "The Passion of the Christ," directed by Mel Gibson.
- The Passion of Mel Gibson. Neff, David // Christianity Today;Mar2004, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p30
Explores the reason for the popularity of the motion picture "The Passion of the Christ," directed by Mel Gibson among Christian Evangelicals in the United States despite its the profound Catholic sensibilities. Description on level of popularity achieved by the motion picture; Background of...
- The Passion of the Arab World. // Atlantic;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 294 Issue 1, p62
The article looks at the report "Reactions in the Arab Media to 'The Passion of the Christ,'" conducted by the Middle East Media Research Institute. According to the report, Mel Gibson's motion picture "The Passion of the Christ" is popular in the Middle East, where Arab reaction to the film has...
- Hell in Jerusalem. James, Nick // Sight & Sound;Apr2004, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p14
Discusses the complexity of the motion picture "The Passion of the Christ," directed by Mel Gibson and starring Jim Caviezel, Maia Morgenstern and Monica Bellucci. Preference of Gibson to ignore the guidelines laid down by the Catholic Church for the production of Passion plays; Display of...
- Mel Gibson's Passion. Carroll, James // Tikkun;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p28
Explores the implication of Mel Gibson's film "The Passion of the Christ" for theology and Jewish-Christian relations. Decision of the father of the Second Vatican on the interpretation of Christ's passion; Views of Gibson on the killer of Christ; Role of the Jews in killing Christ; Analysis...