Florida High-Speed Rail Advocate Sues to Stymie Opponents
- Nov. 3 Constitutional Amendment Elections. // Fort Worth Business Press;10/26/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p31
The article outlines explanations of the various propositions from the Texas Secretary of State's office in the November 3, 2009 elections. The first proposition entails the authorization of the legislature to permit a municipality or a county to issue bonds and notes to finance the purchase of...
- Fighting the tide. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p10
Opinion. Opposes the State Issue 1, a proposed constitutional amendment allowing the issuance of bonds for land preservation in Ohio. Supporters and endorsers of the amendment; Concern over the absence of specific language regarding the distribution of bond money; Cost efficiency of the land...
- ARKANSAS: Amendments Named. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/1/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33706, p9
The article reports on the approval of bond-related constitutional amendments in Arkansas by Attorney General Dustin McDaniel.
- PUBLIC NOTICE. // East Bernard Express (TX);9/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 37, p5
The article discusses several constitutional amendments in Texas, including the amendment which allows legislature to permit a county to issue bonds to fund an area within the county, which authorizes governor to grant a reprieve, and which extends the length of unexpired term.
- Florida Judge Allows Anti-Rail Petitions. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/7/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31920, p5
Reports that Florida Circuit Court Judge Kevin Davey has denied a request by Lakeland businessman C.C. Dockery for a temporary injunction to invalidate petitions collected by Derail the Bullet Train (DEBT). Failure of Dockery to meet the legal prerequisites for the issuance of a temporary...
- Some Local Mirrors of What Matters. // Time;11/20/1972, Vol. 100 Issue 21, p22
The article focuses on the issues concerning constitutional amendments and referendums that should be handled by the voters in the U.S. It mentions that the voters are faced with different local issues, in which their sentiments serve as a mirror on what really matters for the Americans. It...
- Florida Bullet-Train Amendment Inches Toward Repeal Referendum. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31928, p1
Reports on the Supreme Court's ruling that Florida voters can be asked to repeal a constitutional amendment mandating the construction of a high-speed train. Need for the state's high court to review and approve all proposed referendum language; Total number of signatures collected by Derail the...
- Four statewide measures await Missouri voters. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;11/1/2012, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p15
The article provides information on the constitutional amendments and propositions to be considered by the voters in Missouri during the U.S. Presidential Elections that will take place on November 6, 2012.
- The significance of the referendum. Raby, Diana // Green Left Weekly;2/18/2009, Issue 783, p14
The article focuses on the implications of the referendum on the proposed constitutional amendment in Venezuela which will allow a candidate to stand for any candidate without term restrictions.