Pet Publisher Bowtie Collars Second Company In A Month
- BowTie Makes Second Buy. // Publishers Weekly;6/7/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 23, p11
Reports on the decision of BowTie Inc. to acquire Phoenix, Arizona-based Doral Publishing, as of June 2004. Topics of books published by Doral; Plans of BowTie for the Doral imprint.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;10/22/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p8
Reports on the publication of United Kingdom and German publishers in the European market; Merger and acquisition activity among European books; Deals between companies; End of the eight-month search of Penguin.
- Book Industry Consolidation and Authors' Incomes. Butler, Richard J. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2004, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p9
This article analyzes how consolidation in the book publishing industry affected book authors' incomes. Prior to consolidation, the richest authors have had their ups and downs along with the rest of the authors. In 1968, the third quartile cutoff was $48,560 and reached a high during this...
- Publishing's Unagonizing Reappraisal. Dempsey, David // New Republic;5/14/66, Vol. 154 Issue 20, p23
Examines the success of the book publishing industry in the U.S. and explores how the industry can maintain its cultural leverage and function in the society. Role of independent trade publishers in the literary output of the country; Overview of the non-book publishing sources supplying the...
- List names best buys in industry. Cook, Alyson // Marketing Event;May99, p6
Provides information on the guide `Special Acquisition Pack--Conference & Exhibition Services,' which features companies that would make good acquisitions. Firms achieving ten percent or more return on assets; Why most of these potential acquisitions were losing the advantage they had at the...
- Godwins to acquire Hutchinson. Philip, Christine // Pensions & Investments;5/29/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p28
Reports on Godwins Booke and Dickenson's plan to acquire Hutchinson. Number of the companies' employees.
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p6
Reports developments on the publishing industry in the U.S as of May 6, 2001. Volume of books published; Performance of book trading; Acquisition of the wholesale operations of The Bookmen Inc. by Ingram Buys Wholesale company.
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;2/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p5
Reports developments related to the publishing industry in the U.S. as of February 2003. Elimination of the use of commission representative for book selling by Farrar, Straus & Giroux; Acquisition of Whitman Corp. by H.E. Harris; Views of Audio Publishers Association on audiobook narrators.
- Highlights from Inside Report. // Quill & Quire;Nov2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p7
Presents summaries of some of the key stories on publishing from issues of 'Inside Report,' the twice-weekly newsletter of the 'Quill and Quire' magazine. Copies of 'Trudeau Albums' sold by Penguin; Contract of the International Festival of Authors with Chapters; Acquisition of Montreal...