N.J. Arena Plan May Hit Snag As Protesters Seek Referendum
- Affordable Housing? Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports that the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in San Francisco, California, will consider on July 13, 2004, a $200 million affordable housing bond measure that proponents want to appear on the November 2004 ballot.
- No Change in Munis; Fed Holds Rate Target. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/24/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33339, p2
The article reports on the unchanged condition of the U.S. municipal market on June 23, 2010. Survey shows that the Federal Reserve held no change to the federal funds rate target and that the University of Texas System Board of Regents joined the market with its 516.3 million taxable Build...
- House Vote on HQLA Bill Scheduled For Monday. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;1/29/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F352, p1
The House is scheduled to hold a voice vote on Monday on a bill that would treat investment grade and actively traded municipal securities as high quality liquid assets under a rule banking regulators adopted in 2014.
- Prices Slip a Bit Ahead of Heavier Week in Primary. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p2
The article discusses a positive sign in municipal bond market as it started a more active week of new issues as a drop in new home sales was not sufficient to take tax-exempt and government bonds higher, after widespread expectations of more rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board. The Bond...
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- California Bond Election Negotiations Begin to Heat Up as Deadline Looms. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p36
The article reports on the ongoing negotiations in Sacramento as the deadline looms to place a major infrastructure bond package on California's June 6, 2006 primary ballot. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has outlined his infrastructure plan, proposing a spending package that included $68...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.
- Muni Buyers Show Up Big For California. Saskal, Rich; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on California's economic recovery bond offering in 2004. Strong demand for the bonds; Expected total sale of the bonds; Marketing efforts for the bonds; Reduction of yields on several maturities before the final pricing.
- Slow Session Sees Munis Little Changed Ahead of Jobs Report. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p2
Reports that municipal bonds in the U.S. finished little changed on June 3, 2004, in muted trading as the market treaded ahead of the May employment report on June 4, 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the bond market.