N.J. Arena Plan May Hit Snag As Protesters Seek Referendum
- Affordable Housing? Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports that the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in San Francisco, California, will consider on July 13, 2004, a $200 million affordable housing bond measure that proponents want to appear on the November 2004 ballot.
- No Change in Munis; Fed Holds Rate Target. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/24/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33339, p2
The article reports on the unchanged condition of the U.S. municipal market on June 23, 2010. Survey shows that the Federal Reserve held no change to the federal funds rate target and that the University of Texas System Board of Regents joined the market with its 516.3 million taxable Build...
- House Vote on HQLA Bill Scheduled For Monday. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;1/29/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F352, p1
The House is scheduled to hold a voice vote on Monday on a bill that would treat investment grade and actively traded municipal securities as high quality liquid assets under a rule banking regulators adopted in 2014.
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p33
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 6, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; One-year note index; Reoffering yields;...
- New York Agency Considers Refunding Debt Sold for U.S. Open Stadium. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p3
Reports that the New York City Industrial Development Agency plans to sell in 2004 about $105 million of revenue bonds for the USTA National Tennis Center Inc. to refund debt it sold for the not-for-profit organization in 1994. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant...
- Senate Passes D.C. Fiscal 2005 Spending Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p4
Reports on the Senate's approval of the District of Columbia's spending bill for fiscal 2005. Approval of the city's plan to sell general obligation bonds; Proposed payment to the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority.
- Nashville Agency Selling $102M, Mostly for New Music Venue. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31791, p5
Reports on the Metro Nashville Industrial Development Board's plan to issue variable-rate bonds, with most of the proceeds earmarked for the Nashville Symphony Association's Schermerhorn Symphony Center. Selection of Bank of America Securities as the deal's underwriter; Rating issued by Fitch...
- Louisiana Bond Commission Gives the Green Light to More Than $500M of Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p34
Reports on the Louisiana State Bond Commission's approval of bond requests, including a debt for the Jefferson Parish Council's hospital district. Total amount of the bond requests; J.P. Morgan Securities' selection as underwriter; Becknell & Tomeny and The Godfrey Firm's appointment as co-bond...