Publishers Cracking Bestseller Lists With Ancient Codes And Mystery Novels
- Mystery Books Lead New York Times Hardcover Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;6/7/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p7
Reports on the dominance of mystery novels in the New York Times hardcover fiction bestseller list. Rank of Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code"; Number of bestsellers produced by Simon & Schuster; Schedules of the release of "Night Fall" from Warner Books.
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;12/23/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p6
Reports developments related to the publication industry in the U.S. Accounts on the total number of debut novels and short story collections published by Random House publications; Details on the revenue growth earned by Simon & Schuster company; Decision of Perseus Publishing to release the...
- Paperback Nonfiction List Led By Older, Diverse Titles. // Book Publishing Report;1/16/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the 2005 paperback nonfiction list in the U.S. James Frey's book "A Million Little Pieces" published by Random House Inc. spent 12 weeks at the top of the list. Books published by Simon & Schuster Inc. that made it to the list were "Chronicles" Volume 1, by Bob Dylan,...
- Gaining Converts. Tan, Teri // Publishers Weekly;1/19/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 3, p25
The article reports on an increase in the electronic book offerings of some publishing companies in the U.S. Simon & Schuster, whose e-book sales quadrupled in 2008, is adding 5,000 titles to its list, while Random House, recording a 400% year-on-year increase in e-book sales, is doubling its...
- Law to Join S&S Kids; Hinkel Moves Up at RH. // Publishers Weekly;10/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 40, p12
Presents an update on personnel changes in the publishing industry in the U.S. as of October 6, 2003. Appointment of Elizabeth Law as associate publisher at Simon & Schuster; Promotion of Nancy Hinkel at Random House.
- Publishers Beat `Love Bug'. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/15/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 20, p22
Reports on the impact of computer virus `love bug' on publishing houses. Role of S&S Information technology department in limiting the virus' damage according to S&S spokesperson Adam Rothberg; Actions taken by Random House to clean out the virus.
- Random House on Top of NYT Hardcover Fiction List Again. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2007 Supplement, Vol. 32, p1
The article focuses on the domination of publisher Random House Inc. in the hardcover fiction category list for the third consecutive year. Random House led with 65 titles and is followed by Penguin Group USA Inc. with 37 titles including Nora Robert's "Angels Fall." Simon & Schuster Inc. ranked...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 10 PUBLISHERS Paperback Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;12/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p8
Lists the top 10 publishers for paperback fiction year-to-date 2003. Random House; Penguin Group USA; Simon and Schuster; HarperCollins; Time Warner; Holtzbrinck; Harlequin Book Publishing; Kensington; Harcourt; Norton; Tyndale House.
- Upping the Body Count. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;12/4/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 48, p22
The article reports on the plan of publishing houses Ballantine and Random House to create Mortalis, a line that will include originals along with reprints of classic mysteries, international thrillers and the occasional tale of true crime. According to Jane von Mehren, trade paperback publisher...