Slow Session Sees Munis Little Changed Ahead of Jobs Report
- Munis Lose Ground After Greenspan's Remarks; $1,2 Billion in New Loans. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31868, p2
Delves into the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of April 22, 2004 in the U.S. Amount of money gained in major new loans; Issue of inflationary pressures in the U.S. economy; Views of people regarding the economy in general.
- THE INTEREST FOR THE MUNICIPAL BONDS. Eugenia, Grecu // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p272
The emissions of municipal bonds are a pretty recent apparition in the evolution of the Romanian capital market. The reduced level of the local administrations available funds and the impossibility to increase the local taxes so as to get higher incomes cashed by the local budgets, impose the...
- N.J. Arena Plan May Hit Snag As Protesters Seek Referendum. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p3
Reports that the Newark, N.J., Housing Authority's upcoming $199.4 million rent-backed bond sale may be thrown into question as a legal battle between city officials and proponents of a referendum plan gets underway in 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant...
- Columbus' $302.5 Million Issue Will Be Its Biggest Ever. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p3
Reports that the city of Columbus, Ohio, will come to market in July 2004 with its largest bond sale ever, a $302.5 million mix of limited- and unlimited-tax general obligation bonds that will be sold in a competitive deal carrying an affirmation of the city's triple-A by rating agencies. Key...
- Municipal Buyers Enjoying Favorable Ratio vs. Treasuries. // Bond Buyer;6/29/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32164, p7
Discusses the advantages of long-dated municipal bonds over Treasuries in the U.S. Factors that determines whether municipal bonds are cheap or not; Difference between the spot value of municipal bonds and Treasuries; Tax computation for municipal bonds and Treasuries.
- Munis Up Following Treasury Gains; Core PPI Is Lower Than Expected. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/20/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32115, p2
Reports on the growth of municipal bond market following strong gains in Treasuries in New York. Factors attributed to the rise in municipal finance; Increase in investment transactions; Rise in producer price indices.
- NORTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;3/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31841, p34
Presents a chart on the bond supply in the Northeast region in the U.S., compiled as of March 15, 2004.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, p7
Presents a chart depicting the Bond Market Association Municipal Swap Index in the U.S.
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p1
Presents graphs showing the rate of return on municipal bonds in the United States as of November 10, 2004.