Pataki Plans New Agency For Javits
- Making Tax Increases a Nonstarter. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p1
Reports that New York governor George E. Pataki has promised to solve the state's budget problem by selling tobacco bonds and cutting spending. Methods by which Pataki expects to achieve savings; Deficit in the state's budget; Item in the governor's budget which is likely to trigger a controversy.
- Pataki takes New York for a third term. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;11/7/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 45, p3
Focuses on the victory celebrations for the three-term governor for New York George Pataki in the ballroom at the Hilton Hotel. Welcome of the governor; Obligatory praise by Pataki for his political opponent H. Carl McCall; Factors that attributed to McCall's failure in the elections.
- LI issues are heating up for Pataki. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/25/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p51A
Focuses on issues faced by governor George Pataki in his plan for reelection in Long Island, New York. Assessment on Pataki's contributions in the state; Emphasis on the problem of obscure electrical agency in Suffolk County; Confrontations over the Nassau budget mess.
- Salomon Gets Tobacco Nod. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/25/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31600, p1
The New York Municipal Bond Bank Agency has chosen Salomon Smith Barney Inc. to senior manage the first series of governor George E. Pataki's proposed 4.2 billion dollar tobacco bond sale, which the agency would conduct through a subsidiary called the Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp.as of...
- N.Y.'s PACB Faces Billions in Debt Questions as Pataki Exits. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32524, p52
The article reports on the debt questions face by the Public Authorities Control Board as Governor George Pataki's stewardship end. The board consideration of the bond authorization requests during the December 20, 2006 conference has aroused questions due to the unfinished traditional debts....
- Voters will decide fate of popular environmental bond act. Turner, Brad // Westchester County Business Journal;10/28/96, Vol. 35 Issue 44, p5
Reports on New York State Governor George Pataki's proposed environmental bond, the Clean Air/Clean Water Bond Act of 1996. Wide support for the bond from Republicans, Democrats, labor unions, environmental groups and the business community; Dependence of the passage of the bill on the November...
- Pataki revises budget reform plan to curb debt practices. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/11/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30805, p3
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's revision of a budget reform plan. Curbing of debt practices of the state; Use of the payments from the tobacco settlement.
- Nassau Gets a Safety Net. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/10/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30888, p1
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's plan to restructure Nassau County, New York's 220 million dollars debt. Reissuance of the bonds through a temporary oversight board; Details of the payment plan.
- Pataki puts faith in tax credo. David, Greg // Crain's New York Business;3/3/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p9
Presents the author's opinion about the political strategy of New York Governor George Pataki. Promises made by Pataki to labor leaders in return for their endorsements; Percentage increase in spending of the city under George Pataki's governance; Reason behind Pataki's opposition to an...