Now That's a High Bid
- Second Forth Bridge to be built at Kincardine. // Commercial Motor;6/15/2006, Vol. 203 Issue 5182, p15
This article announces that construction has started on a Â£120m bridge across the River Forth at Kincardine in Scotland. The bridge is expected to be finished by 2008, more than 70 years after the first Kincardine Bridge. The project involves a 1.2km crossing of the estuary with 14km of trunk...
- THE GEORGE W. BRIDGE. Bonanos, Christopher // New York;7/19/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p13
Reports on the construction of a temporary enclosed bridge at Eighth Avenue in New York City to connect Farley Post Office and Madison Square Garden. Span of the bridge; Cost of the construction of the bridge.
- Phoenix Airport Squabble. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/27/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32576, p9
The article reports on the approval of five-year $2.9 billion expansion plan by the Phoenix City Council in Arizona for the city-owned Sky Harbor International Airport that includes a $1.1 billion automated train system between terminals, taxiways and gate terminal. According to chief executive...
- QUESTIONABLE STATE POLICY NO DETERRENT TO FEDS' GENEROUS I-35W BRIDGE RELIEF. Marsh, Don // Concrete Products;Sep2007, Vol. 110 Issue 9, p4
The author reflects on the New Interstate 35W bridge proposals by the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) in Minnesota. He points that the bridge replacement fueled a discussion on a potential increase in federal motor fuel tax. The author believes that opponents of federal motor fuel...
- The Infrastructure (Again!). Shister, Neil // World Trade;Sep2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p7
The author reflects on the transportation infrastructure in the U.S. He says that for the second-half of the 20th century, U.S. transportation was the envy of the world. But, as the collapse of the I-35 bridge, the reliability of the infrastructure, which supply chain planners have long assumed...
- Towerless Suspension Span Planned on Greek Highway. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/07/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the Metsovitikos suspension bridge in Greece. Length of the bridge; Cost of the bridge; Description on the bridge's structure.
- Oceanside: Construction Stops, Then Goes on Bridge. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;4/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p15
The article reports on the completion of the construction of the phase one of $18 million Pacific Street Bridge project in Oceanside, California on April 17, 2007. According to the city, the completed bridge will provide a safer and more attractive crossing for motorists, bicyclists, and...
- Spain's Flowing Tube Crossing Poses Challenges. Reina, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/19/2008, Vol. 260 Issue 17, p18
This article states that fast-track construction of an unusual bridge and building at Spain's Expoagua Zaragoza 2008 will not be fast enough to provide a cushion of time ahead of next month's exhibition opening. Its flowing, organic profile will make the "Pavilion Bridge" Expo's landmark...
- PWD seeks consultants for Saadiyat link. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/9/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 23, p13
Reports on the invitation sent out by the Public Works Department of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates for design consultancy firms to prequalify for the design of the bridge to link Mina Zayed with Saadiyat island. Outline of the project; Evaluation of designs submitted by interested firms.