Analysts reverse after sharp sales drop at MFI
- MFI glows with style after a hot winter sale. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2003, Issue 5329, p3
Reports on the sales performance of furniture firm MFI Furniture in Great Britain. Percentage of increase in sales; Dining and bedroom lines of MFI; Sales of Sofa Workshop.
- MFI sales dip again. // Cabinet Maker;3/26/2004, Issue 5381, p3
Reports on the poor sales performance of MFI furniture store chain in Great Britain. Percent decline in sales; Contributing factors; Comparison of sales performance with French Hygena kitchen chain.
- Argos grabs the furniture crown. // Cabinet Maker;12/15/2006, Issue 5518, p4
The article reports on the leadership of Argos in the furniture retail industry in Great Britain in 2006. MFI, which has been at the top of the list since 1986, was overtaken by Argos, DFS and Ikea. Argos, a catalog retailer which sells its furniture online, has seen a growth in its market share...
- Which? targets MFI sales tactics. // Cabinet Maker;7/15/2005, Issue 5447, p4
Reports on issues over misleading promotions faced by MFI Furniture Group PLC in Great Britain. Investigation made by consumer body Which? on the pricing practices of MFI; Use of underhand tactics to fool customers into believing they were getting a bargain; Need for companies to adhere to the...
- Margins plummet. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p4
Reports on the drop of gross margin experienced by kitchen retailer John Lewis of Hungerford by more than 10%. Move of the company to increase its promotional offers; Improvement in sales brought by the offers; Comments of John Lewis, executive chairman, regarding their effort to improve sales.
- Why MFI needs a little distance. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;10/14/2005, Issue 5460, p9
Comments on the mutual dependence between furniture retailers MFI Furniture Group PLC and Howdens Joinery Ltd. in Great Britain. Identification of the factors contributing to the success of MFI; Indication of the comparison in the two formats of the retailers to the consumers; Assertion on the...
- MFI forecasts downgraded. // Cabinet Maker;9/16/2005, Issue 5456, p6
Presents a graph depicting the changes in stocks for retailer MFI Furniture Group PLC in Great Britain.
- MFI plans to reduce costs. // Supply Management;12/16/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p9
Reports that furniture chain MFI has announced in 2004 that it is seeking to make savings from its non-frontline retail and group functions in Great Britain.
- MFI needs to rethink its bedroom performance. Barnes, Rachel // Marketing (00253650);4/1/2004, p13
A strategy shift away from price and toward aspirational values has contributed to a double-digit drop in furniture retailer MFI Furniture Group PLC's bedroom sales. Admissions of shortcomings in the bedroom department are rare, but last week MFI Furniture conceded that its 'outdated' bedroom...