Rapport will help deal with the big sales issues
- First fine-tune the 'inner game' of sales promotion. Frankel, Bud // Marketing News;9/12/88, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p18
No abstract available.
- AICO adding to San Fran showroom. // Furniture/Today;1/17/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p18
The article informs that the case goods importer AICO is adding over 5,000 square feet to its San Francisco market showroom for the winter market, bringing its total to more than 15,000. The new space is in the San Francisco Mart's Mart 1, space 836, adjacent to its current showroom. The...
- The weak spot of promotions. // Furniture/Today;9/5/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p2
Comments on the promotional efforts adopted by some furniture retailers in the U.S. Pioneers of the trend; Effectiveness of the approach; Tendency of consumers to look for creativity.
- Furniture stores give in to discounts. // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2007, Issue 5569, p3
The article reports that furniture retailers have followed other sectors by slashing prices before Christmas in a bid to entice customers in Great Britain. Retailers such as Ilva, Ikea AB, Laura Ashley Ltd, and New Heights are some of the big companies have already launched sales or promotions....
- Malls try to 'match the market' when building tenant roster. Giusti, Michael // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p30
Some of the most persuasive salesmanship at the nation's shopping centers goes on before retailers ever decide where to hang their things. In working to fill vacant store fronts, representatives from shopping centers and retail outlets deal through a complex series of negotiations. "Several...
- Top Five Most Idiotic Sales Techniques. Foley, Len // Broker Magazine;Dec2004/Jan2005, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p58
The article presents information about idiotic sales techniques. There are so many idiotic techniques masquerading as professional sales tools that it took considerable restraint to limit the list to only five. The erroneous conclusion technique begins with a deliberate lie that evolves into a...
- What's the USP? Cryne, Christine // Cabinet Maker;9/2/2005, Issue 5454, p28
Discusses the benefits of a unique selling proportion (USP) for a business. Definition of USP; Considerations before designing a USP; Steps in designing a USP. INSETS: How to define your USP;Boost the benefits.
- RETAIL TALK: NISHANK JOSHI SHARES HIS VIEWS ON EOSS. // Images Retail;Sep2014, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p134
An interview with Nishank Joshi, assistive vice president of marketing at Pioneer Property Zone, is presented. Joshi talks about the changes in the dynamics of end-of-season sale (EOSS) in India since 2012. He elaborates on the most effective tools that can be used during the EOSS period. He...
- WHAT'S IT WORTH? G.M. // Entrepreneur;Dec2004, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p92
Offers entrepreneurs advice on effective retail pricing. Need for independent retailers to know their margins to master higher sales volumes; Buy-one-get-one-free promotions; Promotion of popular items that are well-priced; Use of signage to highlight bargain products.