Warning on cost of discounting
- GOOD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;2/9/2007, Issue 5524, p39
The article reports on the January 2007 giveaway sale offering at Roemers furniture shop in Sligo, Ireland.
- Let's look beyond no-no-no, lower prices. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;12/10/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p35
The author reflects on threats facing business enterprises in the furniture industry in the U.S. She points out that several companies decided not to engage in furniture advertising through 2012 due to the product's lower prices. The author states that a decline in offshore-manufacturing is one...
- Prices, promotions & pollution, oh my. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;4/28/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p21
The author comments on the High Point Market exhibition. She thinks that the clearance of furniture from warehouses will have an impact on pricing next season. Competition becomes stiff as a growing number of furniture retailers are offering more promos on extended terms and lower price points...
- AICO adding to San Fran showroom. // Furniture/Today;1/17/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p18
The article informs that the case goods importer AICO is adding over 5,000 square feet to its San Francisco market showroom for the winter market, bringing its total to more than 15,000. The new space is in the San Francisco Mart's Mart 1, space 836, adjacent to its current showroom. The...
- TRANSPORTATION EQUIPMENT. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Transportation Equipment;2002 3rd Quarter, p109
This article presents an overview of transportation equipment industry of the U.S. The overview includes revenue and price, input costs and gross operating profit for the years 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004. The article also includes forecasts for the year 2005, 2006, and 2007.
- A big brand with big plans. // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2008, Issue 5571, p121
The article features the Nobilia UK, a significant player in the direct-to-developer contract sector in the furniture industry. It has an order bank of more than Â£20 million and works with some of the biggest housebuilding names in the country. It launched the KÃ¼tchenhaus brand of retail...
- Sales get off to a cautious start. // Cabinet Maker;1/9/2004, Issue 5370, p3
Reports on the performance of the British furniture industry during the winter season of 2003. Decline of furniture and textile sales during the week after Christmas; Early Christmas sales promotions implemented by retailers; Rise in dining furniture sales; Year-to-date comparison.
- Rapport will help deal with the big sales issues. // Cabinet Maker;5/28/2004, Issue 5390, p6
Offers selling tips to retail furniture stores in Great Britain. Asking the right questions to potential customer; Taking into account customer size and weight; Importance of rapport between sales personnel and customer.
- Vegas gambles on new show. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p10
Reports that the Las Vegas Market is due to launch on July 25-29, 2005 to the fanfare of more than 1,000 furniture exhibitors. Largest launch show the U.S. has ever seen; Based on a similar model to High Point, where exhibitors have permanent showrooms to create a shopping mall for furniture;...