Measuring Hot Flashes: Summary of a National Institutes of Health Workshop
- My days as a policy wonk. Santoro, Nanette F. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Jun2005, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p112
Presents an article regarding the participation of a physician in a consensus panel of the U.S. National Institute of Health to evaluate the evidence on menopause symptomatology. Impact of menopausal transition on women; Qualities of research on treatment for symptoms of menopause demanded by...
- NIH panel urges caution in use of estrogen for menopause. Foxhall, Kathryn // Drug Topics;4/18/2005, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p27
This article reports the hold of a conference by the U.S. National Institutes of Health to discuss the confusion over what women should do to alleviate their symptoms of menopause. The panel confirmed that there is still much to be learned about the condition. It emphasizes that menopause should...
- NIH panel studies HRT for menopause. // Drug Topics;4/4/2005, Vol. 149 Issue 7, p10
This article reports on the hold of a state-of-the-science conference by the U.S. National Institutes of Health, which focuses on the use of hormonal replacement therapy for menopause. The panel found estrogen to be the most effective treatment for serious symptoms of menopause. It also...
- The Undiagnosed Diseases Network of the National Institutes of Health: A National Extension. Gahl, William A.; Wise, Anastasia L.; Ashley, Euan A. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;11/3/2015, Vol. 314 Issue 17, p1797
The authors discussed the Undiagnosed Diseases Network of the Intramural Research Program of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). It explores various innovations that make the UDN as an extension of the Undiagnosed Diseases Program (UDP) established within the Intramural Research Program of...
- NIH Releases Statement on Managing Pain, Depression, and Fatigue in Cancer. Ressel, Genevieve W. // American Family Physician;1/15/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p423
Presents the consensus statement released by the U.S. National Institutes of Health on the management of cancer symptoms, including pain, depression and fatigue. Frequency of symptoms; Symptom assessment; Strategies for improving symptom management.
- Heart attack warning signs differ for women. // Charlotte Post;5/19/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 36, p1B
The article discusses the difference of heart attack signs and symptoms for men and women citing research from the National Institute of Health in the U.S.
- Celiac disease: not as rare as previously thought. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Jan2005, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p17
The article provides information on the recommendations released in 2005 by the U.S. National Institutes of Health for the appropriate diagnosis and management of Celiac disease. The symptoms and complaints which can lead physicians to incorrect diagnosis paths are presented. The steps suggested...
- The Undiagnosed Diseases Program--Reply. Gahl, William A; Wise, Anastasia L; Ashley, Euan A // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;5/3/2016, Vol. 315 Issue 17, p1904
No abstract available.
- Evolving Information Policy: Open Access and New Constraints. // Library of Congress Information Bulletin;Apr2005, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p96
The article reports on the issues of information policy which were discussed at the 22nd annual forum of the Federal Library and Information Center Committee of the U.S. Library of Congress held in March 2005. Participants talked about the implications of federal information policies for federal...