Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Sexual Dysfunction in Community-Dwelling Men
- Bladder Problems Increase in Men as They Age, Mayo Clinic Study Reports; Researchers Urge Men to Seek Physician Help Early and Not Procrastinate. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;10/25/2005, p1
This article focuses on a study conducted by Mayo Clinic researchers according to which as men grow older, their bladder function can worsen and the prostate gland may be responsible. Their findings remind patients and their physicians that urination difficulties in men can be better cared for...
- LUTs in older men. // Contemporary Urology;Mar2007, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p36
The article discusses research being done on lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) in older men. It references two studies published in a 2006 issue of the journal "Urology" and in a 2007 issue of the "Journal of Urology." In the first study, more than 10 percent of older men report that their...
- Urology. // Pulse;6/23/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 22, p26
A quiz concerning urology is presented.
- pyuria. // New Zealand Doctor;11/16/2011, p35
The article introduces the report of Doctor David Voss on pyuria, a medical condition where the urinary tract is inflamed.
- In brief. // Urology Times;Dec99, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p3
Reports on various developments in urology. Appointment of Joel Nelson to the prostate cancer initiative board at the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center; Two studies on overactive bladder.
- "Jet sign" in posterior urethral stricture - A radiological icon. Singh, Iqbal; Kumar, Praveen // Indian Journal of Surgery;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p242
Discusses the case of a male patient with posterior stricture of the urethra. Findings of a small central annular pinpoint orifice; Proposal of a urethral jet design for diagnosis of the stricture.
- Role for intravesical prostatic protrusion in lower urinary tract symptom: a fluid structural interaction analysis study. Junming Zheng; Jiangang Pan; Yi Qin; Jiale Huang; Yun Luo; Xin Gao; Xing Zhou // BMC Urology;Aug2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Background: Numerous studies indicated that Intravesical prostatic protrusion is relevant to prognosis of LUTS, however, the confounding effect that is brought about by prostate volume, urethra anterior curvature angle and other factors makes it hard to evaluate the role of intravesical...
- Seasonal Variation of Urinary Symptoms in Korean Men with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Ho Chul Choi; Jong Kyu Kwon; Joo Yong Lee; Jang Hee Han; Hae Do Jung; Kang Su Cho // World Journal of Men's Health;Aug2015, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p81
Purpose: To examine seasonal variations in urinary symptoms in Korean men with lower urinary tract symptoms and benign prostatic hyperplasia (LUTS/BPH). Materials and Methods: Records were obtained from a consecutive database of LUTS/BPH patients from March 2010 to February 2014. A total of...
- Citations and Clinicians' Notes: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. // Current Medical Literature: Urology;2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p96
Presents citations and clinicians' notes on benign prostatic hyperplasia. Lifestyle and behavioral interventions for men on watchful waiting with uncomplicated lower urinary tract symptoms; Serenoa repens extract for benign prostate hyperplasia; Safety and efficacy of tamsulosin for the...