- Standard & Poor's Raises D.C.'s GO Debt a Notch to BBB-Plus. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31083, p5
Reports the upgrading of the general obligation bond rating of the District of Columbia to BBB-plus by the Standard & Poor's. Status of the district during the upgrade; Improvement of the financial operations of the district; Relevance of the budgetary surplus.
- Virginia's Fiscal Problems Could Become Bond Opportunities. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31314, p38
Focuses on the effect of fiscal problems on the bond ratings and issuance in Virginia. Increase in the issuance of bonds at the state level; Implication of the revenues deterioration for state capital projects; Impact of the economic growth on the budgetary situation.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31746, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of October 23, 2003. Details of the released budget suplus in September 2003; Details of the proposal of Maryland Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. to use slot machines to close the state's budget gap; Basis of the AA-minus rating assigned...
- A Surplus and Pension Bonds Are on the Menu. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;4/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32857, Special section p12
The article focuses on the consideration of the budget surplus and pension bonds for Connecticut. The state is planning to close the pension obligation bond (POB) deal by the end of fiscal 2008 to enhance the underfunded Teachers' Retirement Fund (TRF). The law concerning the issuance of up to...
- Louisiana Flaunts Double Upgrade With $290 Million Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31626, p38
Louisiana will come to the bond market with 290 million dollars of general obligation bonds in late May 1, 2003 its once-troubled credit supported by improved ratings that should reduce borrowing costs. The bonds will be sold competitively on May 15 via i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system....
- Southeast Invisible Supply. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p32
Lists bonds for issuance in southeast United States. Issuer; Value; Underwriter; Expected sale date.
- Washington Gov.'s Budget Features $1 .4B in New Bonding. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;12/22/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32284, p5
The article presents details of the supplemental budget proposal by Washington Governor Christine Gregoire for the period July 1, 2005 to July 30, 2007. The proposal includes a bond issuance which is already approved by the Legislature. Changes in the budget were triggered by improvements in the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p2
Presents news briefs related to the U.S. bond market as of May 21, 2003. Posted budget surplus of the U.S. federal government in April 2003; Reduction in predicted figure of economic expansion; Tender rate at which cash management bills were sold.
- Take Profit On Turkish Debt. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/23/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p13
Reports that Turkey's U.S. Global 30 bond has returned to its pre-Iraq war high in June 2003. Performance of the Turkish fixed income in the growth and emerging market; Efforts of the government on fiscal reform; Target budget surplus of the government.