Solutions to Traffic and Transit Issues Key to Charlotte's Growth
- North Carolina Legislature Passes $2 Billion Bond bill. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/1/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34387, p1
North Carolina legislators passed the $2 billion Connect NC Bond Act before adjourning a record nine-month session on Wednesday.
- North Carolina Bill Seeks $3B in State GO Funding. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34295, p1
North Carolina residents would decide in a statewide referendum this October or November if they want the state to issue $3 billion in general obligation bonds, according to a bill filed April 16
- North Carolina Gov. Signs Measure to Change Distribution Method of Transportation Dollars. // AASHTO Journal: Weekly Transportation Report;06/28/2013, p1
The article informs that North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory has signed the legislation Strategic Mobility Formula that will change the state's formula for allocating money to transportation projects. It states that the legislation will allow the North Carolina Department of Transportation to...
- Uncommon bonds. // Business North Carolina;Mar2015, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p15
This article discusses the plan of North Carolina led by Governor Pat McCrory to issue bonds for the improvement of transportation and aging state facilities. Topics covered include the 3 billion-dollar certificates of participation and other bonds issued by state lawmakers in the past for the...
- Train tracks. McCrory, Pat // Business North Carolina;Feb2016, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p50
The article focuses on the 25-year transportation plan proposed by Governor Pat McCrory which features easy access in getting good to and from state ports, improved intermodal train service, and various road connections.
- N.C.'s Gov. Pat McCrory Seeks $2.6B for Roads, Infrastructure. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/06/2015, Vol. 1, p1
North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory plans to ask legislators for $2.6 billion in separate bond programs to fix neglected buildings and fund strategic road.
- Bentley appoints three to new council. // PCI Journal;Winter2011, p16
The article announces the appointment of Norbert Young, Jim Porter and Patrick McCrory as ambassadors at the Bentley Infrastructure Ambassadors Council formed by the software company Bentley Systems Inc.
- ROAD WARRIOR. Kardish, Chris // Governing;Apr2014, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p52
The article discusses the role of Tony Tata, North Carolina's secretary of state for transportation in transforming transportation in the state as of April 2014. The topics discussed include the views of North Carolina's governor Pat McCrory on appointment of Tony Tata as secretary of...
- Do crumbling roads hamper commerce? Trunick, Perry A. // Transportation & Distribution;Mar97, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p29
Examines issues needed to improve the transportation infrastructure in the United States. Impact of infrastructure on the country's economic performance; Features of the infrastructure investment made by the United States government; Funding issues related to infrastructure improvement; Four...