MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, June 7
- Munis Unchanged With Slightly Weaker Tone. Scarchilli, Michae; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;7/20/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32672, p2
The article reports on the municipal bond market in the United States as of July 19, 2007. The market was unchanged with a slightly weaker tone, as weekly jobless claims came in lower than expected. The trades reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board showed mild losses on July 19,...
- Munis Finish Flat: Weaker Stocks, Oil Prices Key For Fixed Income. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p2
Reports on the trading activity at the bond market in the U.S. as of August 20, 2004. Decline of the index of leading economic indicators; Volatility of the municipal bonds; Decrease of the initial applications for state unemployment benefits.
- FRIDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;12/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32525, p1
The article examines the performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. bond market as of December 2006. The municipal bond performance slowed due to the decline of nonfarm payrolls. The performance of bonds are also affected by the payroll figures and the decreases in the unemployment number in...
- Munis Weaker After Higher Payroll Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32525, p2
The article examines the performance of bonds in the U.S. bond market as of December 2006. The municipal bonds slowed due to higher nonfarm payrolls in November. On the other hand, tax-exempt bonds are weaker by two or three basis points. The performance of bonds are also affected by the revised...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, Sept 23. // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p2
Presents charts on municipal bonds and economic indicators in the U.S. as of September 23, 2004, such as initial jobless claims and the Municipal Bond Index.
- Healthy Issuance Ahead. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31791, p1
Forecasts the economic conditions in the U.S. for the year 2004, and its implications for the municipal bond market. Decline in unemployment rate; Economists' optimism for 2004; Expected steady growth and increase in long-term, new-money municipal bond issuance; Expected long-term volume;...
- Munis weaken Yet Again as Focus Is Mainly on $1.7B California Deal. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p2
Municipal bonds reduced for the fourth straight session on June 19, 2003 while the focus of market participants remained firmly on new issues, particularly the pricing of $1.7 billion of California general obligation bonds. Treasuries were mostly higher, firming when the June Philadelphia...
- Yields Up One to Two Basis Points; Governments Fall Early in Session. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/12/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31718, p2
Provides an overview of trading in the bond market of the U.S. on September 11, 2003. Rise in yields on municipal bonds; Views of market experts on various economic indicators released by departments of the federal government; Information about some bond deals that were traded in the market.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, February 1. // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p2
No abstract available.