Munis Little Changed as Treasuries Go Negative on Strong Jobs Data
- Issuers Set Record for Volume. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;1/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32290, p1
The article reports that over 408.18 billion of bonds sold in the municipal bond market in 2005 in the U.S. The reason for the increase is the relatively low interest rates and a flat yield curve. It was hypothesized that some state and local governments accelerated issuance when rates were...
- Volume Down Through End of 3d Quarter. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p1
Reports on the decline in the volume of bond issues in the municipal bond market in the U.S. Impact of the rising interest rates on the bond issuance; Dependence of the magnitude of new issuance supply on the rate environment; Rates on 10-year high-grade bonds.
- July Volume Fell Below $25 Billion. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p1
Reports on the decline in the long-term municipal bond issuance volume in the U.S. Role of the rising interest rates in keeping the bond issuance down; Stability of the sales of general purpose and education bonds; Overview of the performance of the bonds in the market;
- Municipals Weaken on Treasury Selloff Amid Inflation Concerns. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/16/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32219, p2
Reports on the result of the trading in the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of September 16, 2005. Fall of the price index in the municipal bond market; Comments of the traders on the increase in yield for bonds; Prediction of the bond market that inflation concerns would prompt the central...
- Munis, Treasuries Rise as Equities Cool; New-Issue Supply Keeps Going Strong. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p2
Reports bond market developments as of August 2002. Increase rate of the municipal bonds; Effects of airline bankruptcy on government stocks; Reduction of the interest rates.
- TEXAS: Waco Deal Lowers Tax Hike. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/24/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32677, p9
The article reports on the statement of Waco, Texas officials that low interest rates on $63 million general obligation bond sale will help keep the city's tax increase lower than expected. The 20-year bonds' interest rate was 4.615% lower than the 5% the city anticipated. On the other hand, the...
- Magic 5% Prompts Mom and Pop to Show Up and Dominate. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p6
Analyzes investor interest in the U.S. municipal bond market following an increase in interest rates. Yields since March 30, 2004; Bond issues in the primary market; Retail activity spurred by market weakness; Retail demand in the fixed income arena.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;09/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30974, p28
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the United States as of September 13, 2000. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Government securities prices; Merrill Lynch Corporate Bond Index; Reoffering yields.
- N.Y.C. GOs, other 5%'s inch enticingly down the curve. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;01/14/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30558, p9
Looks at the strategies of municipal bond issuers to increase activity in the bond market in the United States. Reliance on the timing of new deals and the increase in back-up in interest rates to promote tax-free bonds in 1999; Efforts to sell more municipal bonds.