Sexing Up The Program Networks
- Perspectives on Parsons. Grossman, Andrew // Multichannel News;5/31/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p40
Presents the perspectives of several executives of the U.S. cable industry on Time Warner Inc. CEO Richard Parsons. Kim Kelly, former chief operating officer of Insight Communications Co.; Geraldine Laybourne, chairman and CEO of Oxygen Media; Robert Sachs, president of the National Cable and...
- HBO's Albrecht in vanguard of programmers. Griffiths, John // Daily Variety;6/6/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 43, pA4
Features Home Box Office cable television network's chief executive officer Chris Albrecht. Job responsibilities; Business strategies; Personal information. INSET: VANGUARD AWARD WINNERS.
- In TV, `building' is under way. Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;9/25/95, Vol. 339 Issue 6, p7
Reports that the ramifications of Time Warner's acquisition of Turner Broadcasting System will be felt across the television industry. Cable News Network (CNN) to become TW's television division; Combination of resources of Time Inc. and CNN; New financial news service and all-sports news...
- CNNfn gets TW boost. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/4/95, Vol. 125 Issue 49, p64
Reports that Turner Broadcasting System's new financial news network, CNNfn, got a big boost with the news that its soon-to-be merger partner Time Warner will carry the new service on its New York City cable systems.
- Whose news to choose? McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;7/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 31, p35
Reports on the issue as to which independent cable channel will Turner Broadcasting choose under the Federal Trade Commission's proposed Time Warner/Turner merger deal. Cable channel to compete with Turner-owned CNN; Possibility of carrying all three networks, CNN, Fox News and MSNBC.
- Ted's pic pact busts theatrical window. Dempsey, John // Variety;1/27/97, Vol. 365 Issue 12, p25
Reports on the motion picture deal between Time Warner Inc. and Ted Turner's cable television networks Turner Network Television and Turner Broadcasting System. Deal's impact on television broadcasting of films; Other television networks' reactions to the deal; Industry watchers' comments.
- Worldwire. Shepherd, Lloyd; Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;10/9/95, Vol. 125 Issue 41, p60
Reports about news of global broadcasters. Implications for German news channel n-tv channel due to the merger between Time Warner and Turner Broadcasting; Launch of Turner Broadcasting network in Africa on October 1, 1995; Global expansion of Asia Business News (ABN) by PanAmSat's PAS-4...
- Turner mulling women's channel. Ross, Chuck // Electronic Media;03/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p3
Focuses on the plan of Time Warner to establish Turner Broadcasting System, a woman's cable network to compete against Lifetime Television and the planned Oxygen Media channel. CNN Productions President Pat Mitchell as lead candidate to run the Turner Broadcasting; Time Warner's optimism over...
- Icahn Puts the Heat on Parsons. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/22/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p5
Reports on a meeting between Time Warner Inc. Chairman and CEO Richard Parsons and investor Carl Icahn which focuses on Icahn's proposal to spinoff Time Warner's cable assets. Views of Parsons on Icahn's proposal; Financial performance of Time Warner's cable unit; Forecast of Richard...