Liberty Adds VoIP to Mix in Puerto Rico
- NET2PHONE SECURES LIBERTY AS MANAGED VoIP CUSTOMER. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;5/31/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p18
Reports on Net2Phone's launched of its PacketCable voice service over the network of Liberty Cablevision. Net2Phone's testing of the viability of its managed voice-over-Internet Protocol business model; Comments of Michael Pastor, president of Net2Phone, on the company's relationship with...
- liberty gets a louder voice. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;6/21/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 13, p66
Focuses on the approach of Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico in Internet telephony technology in Puerto Rico. Contract signed by the company with Net2Phone Inc. to provide Liberty with the back office platform, switching and transport, ongoing operations and Tier 2 technical support; Customer...
- Puerto Rico is tech lab for phone call by cable. Diaz Jr., Frank // Caribbean Business;6/27/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p6
Reports that the Puerto Rican firm Liberty Cablevision has teamed up with Internet firm Net2Phone Inc. to launch a pilot for cable voice over Internet protocol technology. Developments in cable telephony and Internet protocol.
- NET SAVINGS. Levy, Steven // Newsweek;6/23/2003, Vol. 141 Issue 25, p70
Focuses on services provided by Net2Phone, which is a voice over Internet Provider (VOIP) telephone service. Quality of voice connection.
- NET2PHONE LAUNCHES VoIP WITH PUERTO RICAN CARRIER. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;7/1/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 26, p18
Reports on the limited cable telephony trial with voice-over-Internet Protocol provider Net2Phone, launched by Liberty Cablevision in Puerto Rico. Benefits of the gradual launching to the company; Services to be bundled by the cable system; Function of Net2Phone.
- The Internet Phone Booth. Roush, Wade // Technology Review;Jun2004, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p47
This article reports that as early as the mid-1990s, personal computer owners could use software from companies such as Net2Phone to make low-cost calls over the Internet using their home or office computers. Allegedly, Internet calling has been more of a curiosity than a serious rival to the...
- VoIP: An end to international tariffs? Madathil, Gopan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Apr2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on the possible end of international tariffs with the use of voice over Internet protocol. Computer-based calls offered by Net2Phone.
- Bresnan calls on Net2Phone for VoIP. // CED;Jul2004, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p10
Reports that Bresnan Communications Inc. plans to enter into the Internet Protocol (IP) telephony game via a technology and service partnership with Net2Phone Inc. in the United States. Selection of Net2Phone's hosted PacketCable-based platform to deliver IP telephony services in multiple...
- Millennium Taps Net2Phone for VoIP. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p49
Reports on the agreement signed by Net2Phone with Millennium Digital Media to supply Net2Phone subscribers with voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephony equipment and services in the U.S. VoIP services which will be introduced by Millennium in 2005; Reason of Millennium for choosing the...