Orange Buys Cerritos For S14.8M
- EU MAY RE-EXAMINE TV DEAL. Stern, Andy // Daily Variety;2/25/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 37, p7
Reports that the European Union may have to re-examine the merger that creates a single pay television (TV) operator in Spain. Merger deal between Telefonica's Vial Digital pay TV platform and Canal Plus/Prisa's Canal Satelite Digital; News Corp. and Telecom Italia's proposed deal to create a...
- Knology Sells Cerritos System. // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p76
Reports on the plan of WaveDivision Holdings LLC to buy the 8,000-subscriber system of Knology Inc. in Cerritos, California. Motive of Knology officials for purchasing the Cerritos system from Verizon Media Ventures Inc.; Financial performance of Knology for the fourth quarter of 2004 and the...
- Merger Mania Will Subside in '16. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;11/9/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 40, p26
The article reports that the deal market is increasing by the end of 2015 but according to a survey of top executives, after a year of furious deal-making, pay TV leaders will take time to digest those transactions in 2016 and states that obstacle to getting deals done was valuation.
- DEALS & DOINGS. // Home Media Magazine;11/1/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p8
The article offers news briefs as of November 2015 including acquisition of Cinram Group by Technicolor Inc., release of Binge On feature for subscribers of T-Mobile USA Inc. and launch of on-demand channel Starz Play into international media markets.
- Murdoch wins monopoly game. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Variety;12/2/2002, Vol. 389 Issue 3, pA6
Reports on the possible acquisition of Italian leading pay television cable network Telepiu by its competitor, Stream, as of December 2, 2002. Value of the deal; Restrictions that antitrust watchdogs may place upon Sky Italia; Forecast on the joint venture.
- Parsons plugs cable plans to Wall Street. McClintock, Pamela; Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;3/2/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 46, p1
The article reports that Time Warner Inc. head Richard Parsons has assured investors that they needn't be skittish about the company's avid hunt to buy up additional cable systems--Adelphia Inc. Some analysts took Parsons' confidence as a sign that Time Warner believes it can win the day....
- BROADBAND BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p34
Presents news briefs on the U.S. cable television industry as of August 2004. Decision of BellSouth Corp. to sell DirecTV Inc. video services to consumers; Cost of the Internet access service application offered by Knology Inc; Cable networks added to the satellite distribution system of...
- IN BRIEF. // New Media Age;4/14/2005, p4
Presents news briefs on the new media sector in Great Britain as of April 2005. Appointment of Howard Kiedaisch at Arts Alliance; Movie of digital channel Playboy TV to enable viewers to subscribe via premium short messaging services; Merger between GP Capital and Bullhound.
- HELMERS SPEAK OUT. Rooney, David // Daily Variety;11/9/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 50, p12
Reports the impact of the merger between pay television (TV) operators Telepiu and Stream to film financing in Italy. Effect of the merger to the motion picture industry; Concerns on the financial support to local film production; Link between pay TV and film production.