Liberty Spinning Soon
- LIBERTY INT'L SET FOR A SPIN. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;3/16/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 57, p4
Reports on John Malone's plan to spin off Liberty Media Corp.'s international assets into a publicly traded company called Liberty Media International Inc. Aim to boost stock price and global growth; Customer and distribution and programming assets of the spunoff entity.
- LIBERTY SPINOFF FLAT. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;6/9/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 46, p5
Reports on the effect of the Liberty Media Intl. Inc. (LMI) spinoff on the parent company's share price. Move of Liberty to spin off stock vehicle in the form of new financial holding company LMI; Receipt of one share of LMI. for every 20 shares of Liberty Media by shareholders; Plans of LMI to...
- TRACKING LIBERTY. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/8/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 19, p24
Reports on the expected approval of shareholders to the division of Liberty Media into Liberty Interactive and Liberty Capital. Increase in the stock price of the company.
- Phoenix Technologies Weighs Asset Sales. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/11/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p4
No abstract available.
- Liberty Posts 1Q Figures, Addresses Spinoff Issue. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;05/22/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p50
Highlights the financial performance of Liberty Media Group in the first quarter ended March 31, 2000. Efforts of the firm to dispel rumors that it will be spun off in compliance with its parent company's merger deal with MediaOne Group Inc.; Impact of the downturn in the stock market.
- Malone's Liberty building birdhouse for DirecTV. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;1/24/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 17, p38
Focuses on the assets of Liberty Media Corp. in the U.S. Plan of Liberty Satellite and Technology to acquire Astrolink International; Deal signed by Astrolink with Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman Space & Mission Systems; Shares of Liberty at Wildblue Communications.
- Another Liberty Stock Hits the Street. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;6/14/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p40
Reports on the low stock trading performance of Liberty Media International (LMI) and its parent, Liberty Media Corp., on their first trading day in the U.S. in June 2004. Trading values received by both companies; Opinion of analysts on the spun off LMI; Ways to invest with John Malone,...
- PetroChina to Sell 70% Equity in PetroChina International. // China Chemical Reporter;3/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p7
The article reports on the plan of PetroChina Co. Ltd. to sell 70 percent equity in PetroChina International Co. Ltd. to its parent company, China National Petroleum Corp. for 117 million renminbi. Established in January 2002, PetroChina International is an international trading company focusing...
- Prospects of a sale help lift several local issues in Oct. Arndorfer, James B. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/13/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p24
Reports the impact of spin offs on stock prices of several companies in Chicago, Illinois. Accounts of the survey conducted by CNet Investor on the stock price performance; Increase of stocks of Galileo International Inc.; Details of the share price of Wisconsin Central Transportation Corp. on...