NECN Woos Cox for Deal in Rhode Island
- Cable Television Service Providers. // Inside Tucson Business;1/14/2003 Book of Lists, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p23
Presents a chart depicting on cable television service providers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of subscribers to the Cox Communications Inc.; Number of channels available at the Comcast Cable; Basic service rates of People's Choice TV/Sprint Broadband Direct.
- Cable customers can brace for higher rates. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;09/07/98, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on a tentative master cable television franchise agreement between Cox Communications Inc. and five Southern Nevada governments which raises the franchise fee collected by the governments. Impact on cable television customers; Terms of the agreement; Significance of the deal to the...
- Cox has new weapon in its fight against cable thieves. Volz, Matthew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/28/98, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p4
Reports on Cox Communications' plan to send out electronic signals designed to locate and destroy illegal chip installed in its cable boxes in the United States. Company's fight against television tamperers; Key features of the electronic chips installed in the cable boxes; Estimated losses...
- Cox Won't Drop D.C. Station. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p2
Focuses on the refusal of Cox Communications Inc. to remove ABC affiliate WJLA-TV from its cable system in Fairfax County, Virginia. Involvement of the company in the conflict over retransmission consent; Suggestion to use professional mediation to resolve conflict; Retransmission consent tied...
- Cox giving away cable in Omaha. // Editor & Publisher;9/16/95, Vol. 128 Issue 37, p45
Reports that Atlanta, Georgia-based Cox Communications Inc. is offering free cable service to residents of Omaha, Nebraska, to fend off competition from the US West phone company.
- Cox Continues to Surprise on Upsells. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;05/01/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p34
Reports on United States-based cable television operator Cox Communications Inc.'s financial performance in the first quarter of the year 2000. Revenue; Operating cash flow; Increase in number of subscribers.
- Va. County Weighs Action in Guide Spat. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;03/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p22
Reports that Fairfax County, Virginia will review whether its has the regulatory authority to force Cox Communications Inc. to continue producing a monthly programming guide. Discontinuation of 'Cable Edition.'
- Cox Tacks on Decade in San Diego. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p14
Reports on the decision of San Diego officials to extend its franchise of the cable operator Cox Communications Inc. in California. Amount of revenue generated by Cox Communications for the city; Effect of cable-modem revenue loss on the company; Agreement of the company on technology grant...
- Cox's 'Black Sheep' Turns Star Performer. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);8/19/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p40
Presents information on the success of Cox New Orleans, the cable television system of Cox Communications in New Orleans. Role of former executive Ray Nagin in improving the financial performance of the company; Basic subscribers of Cox New Orleans; Top executives of the cable provider. ...