OLN Spins Out $20M Tour de France Campaign
- OLN Pedals to Record Ratings. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p6
Reports that Lance Armstrong's bid for a sixth Tour de France title has lifted the ratings of Outdoor Life Network to all-time highs. Information on the previous rating of Outdoor; New record set by Outdoor for total viewers; Remarks from Outdoor President Gavin Harvey on the cyclists they have...
- WHEELY GOOD. O'Keefe, John // Sports Illustrated;7/30/2001, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p20
Discusses the official Internet Web site for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN), and its coverage of the 2001 Tour de France cycling race. Efforts of OLN to broadcast the race live in the United States; Appeal of Lance Armstrong, and his quest to win the race for the third straight year;...
- OLN/Speedvision rides its hot niche. Goetzl, David // Advertising Age;4/16/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 16, ps20
The article reports that U.S.-based cable television network Outdoor Life Network (OLN) has won a deal to cover the Tour de France bicycling competition for four years. OLN now has the opportunity to cross-promote itself to the CBS Audience and gain new viewers. The network has already signed a...
- Outdoor Life Rolls Up Tour de France Prices. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;3/15/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the effect of Outdoor Life Network (OLN) to improve the marketing and programming of its television coverage of the 2004 Tour de France bicycle race. Factors that influence the increase in the rating of the sporting event in the U.S.; Major advertisers of the network; Importance of...
- After Lance, Tour Ratings Lag. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p12
Reports on the erosion of the rating of the television coverage of Outdoor Life Network (OLN) on the 2006 Tour de France. Reasons for the rating decline; Strategy of OLN to attract cycling fans to watch the coverage; Grand prize of the sweepstakes launched by OLN.
- OLN Beefs Up Its Upfront. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;5/30/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the deals signed by Outdoor Life Network with several advertisers for the upfront advertising season in 2005. Advertisers that signed a deal with the network; Estimated rating that will be received by the network for its coverage of the Tour de France.
- 'Cyclysm' Transforms Plain Old Bicycle Race. Hunt, Lee // Television Week;9/27/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p14
Discusses the advertising campaign used by The Outdoor Life Network (OLN) for its broadcast of the Tour de France bicycling event in 2004. Role of OLN president Gavin Harvey in the advertising campaign; Speculated advertising expenses for the campaign; Features of the campaign.
- 'Tour de Lance' Pays Off for OLN. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p42
Focuses on the increase in advertising sales revenue of Outdoor Life Network (OLN) through its television coverage of the Tour de France bike race. Factors that contributed to the decline in viewership of OLN; Changes to the primetime programming of OLN; Advertisers for the broadcast of Tour de...
- Marketers Ride Along Return of Tour de Lance. Janoff, Barry // Brandweek;9/15/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 32, p10
The article focuses on celebrity athlete Lance Armstrong's decision to compete in the 2009 Tour de France cycling event. Armstrong's return is predicted to have a positive impact on marketing partners like Nike, 24 Hour Fitness, Oakley, and FRS energy drinks. Information on Armstrong's influence...