Startup Atlantic Parlays Bundling
- Starz!, Encore combine. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/20/99, Vol. 129 Issue 52, p54
Reports on Starz! cable television network's consolidation of its television channels into a single digital television entity. Renaming of the network to Starz Encore Media Group LLC following the consolidation; Starz!'s strategy to drive digital penetration; Current satellite and cable...
- Shoot-out: ATSC vs DVB. Nolan, Dermot // TVB Europe;May99, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1
Reports the market competition between ATSC and DVB-T broadcasting systems in providing digital terrestrial television services in Great Britain and the United States. Reasons why Australia chose the digital television (DTV) systems of DVB-T; Technical coverage of DTV in London; Services...
- The risk of delaying your digital buildout. Saladin, Jim // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2000, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p36
Discusses the risks of delaying digital television (DTV) buildout. Technical advantage of filing early for DTV construction permits; Total factory sales of digital television sets; Significance of DTV transition; Business advantages of converting to digital.
- Digital ad insertion systems move toward `pico-marketing'. Vittore, Vince // America's Network;11/01/95, Vol. 99 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the emergence of digital advertising insertion systems in the United States that allow advertisers to target specific households and customers. Benefits systems for video network companies competing with cable television companies; Companies that have launched digital insertion...
- Measuring the quality of DTTV. Aird, Brian // TVB Europe;Sep98, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p136
Looks into measures of quality of digital terrestrial television (DTT). Transmission link quality; Transport stream contents; Picture quality tests; Quality measurements for system installation and commissioning time.
- Communication in Latin American Contexts. McAnany, Emile // Communication Research Trends;2010, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Octavio Isalas on the trend of communication research in Latin America, another by Sergio Godoy on the introduction of digital television in Chile, and another by Maria Antonieta Rebeil Coralla on the growth of...
- DIGITAL DOWNLOADS DELAYS. Nadler, John // Variety;8/13/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the obstacles to Hungary's digital television (TV) breakthroughs. Networks that are already using digital technology to bring their programming to Magyar viewers; View of Powercorp's Justin Bodle on digital market in Hungary; Factor for the success of digital in the country.
- Digital's future set. Drinnan, John // Daily Variety;8/29/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 41, p6
Details the plans of the New Zealand government on the future of digital terrestrial television. Plans for the eventual analog switchoff in the country.
- A world first for the UK. Aird, Brian // TVB Europe;May2000, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p32
Offers a look at the implementation of Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) in Great Britain. Problems with the conventional way of measuring the performance of DTT transmission in realtime; Solution to reduce the adjacent channel operation of digital and analogue transmissions; Technical...