- The City of Steel Sheds Its Old Ways. // Cable World (10427228);6/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p28
Presents information on cable television programming service of Comcast in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Changes to the systems of Comcast after its merger with AT&T; Bandwidth capacity of the company; Basic customers; Basic rate. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.
- Net scares up auds. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;5/3/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the move of FEARnet in continuing to make strong invasions in its distribution and programming pipelines in New York through getting a major linear and video on demand (VOD) push on Time Warner Cable, Verizon Fios and Comcast Corp., and acquiring a pair of half-hour comedies.
- COMCAST ENTICES LATINO VIEWERS WITH FREE VOD. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;9/23/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p8
The article reports on the launch of Xfinity Freeview Latino, a two-week promotion for subscribers to have free on-demand access to 1,000 hours of content in Spanish and English, by entertainment, information and communications products and services provider Comcast on September 16, 2013.
- Lineup change for ESPN Classic. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;03/01/99, Vol. 129 Issue 9, p42
Reports on the decision of cable network ESPN Classic to change its daily program lineup. Reason for the changes; Programs added in the lineup; Details on the network's prime time lineup.
- ESPN Makes New Unit For Original Programs. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;01/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p34
Reports on cable network ESPN's creation of a unit that will create series and specials that go beyond the sports headlines. Programming plans for the ESPN Original Entertainment franchise; Entertainment-based programming.
- ESPN Slates Reality, Skeins, Game Shows. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p64
Reports on the programs of ESPN for the 2001-2002 television season. Targeted audience of entertainment programming; Relaunching of ESPNews.
- Comcast. S. M. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 26, p22
Focuses on the television program segments entitled Local Edition produced by the cable system of Comcast in Southern California and inserted into "CNN Headline News." Number of Local Edition segments produced by Comcast from the third quarter of 2004 to June 2005; Significance of the...
- ESPN Classic Set to Debut `Sports Century' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;06/26/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p16
Informs on the debut of the program `SportsCentury,' on ESPN Classic Sports cable network on July 12, 2000. Profile of different athletes from sports history; Foundation of ESPN's primetime lineup.
- ESPN upping cable avails. // Electronic Media;04/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p10
Reports on the plan of American cable television network ESPN to increase the number of local avails it offers to cable operators for its `SportsCenter' telecasts by 50 percent in March 2000.