GSN's Key Letters: ITV
- Reality TV shows have become too far removed from real life. Singletary, Mark // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/24/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p3
Focuses on the views of the author on various reality television shows in New Orleans, Louisiana. Assessment on the influence of various television programs on the life style of several individuals; Evolution of the television network; Number of prime-time game shows in the city.
- Germans head to Mip mart as sellers. Meza, Ed // Variety;4/16/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 9, p31
The article discusses how German television shows have been gaining popularity in various European and Asian markets. The article reports that several shows were of interest at the 2007 MipTV content mart in Cannes, France, including the game shows "Wanna Bet" and "Beat Your Host's," and the...
- METRO 155 Tv Eye. Roberstson, Rowena // Metro;Summer2007, Issue 155, p150
The article reviews the reality television program "Australian Idol 2007."
- Valentine playing for GSN. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;5/25/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 36, p4
Reports on the appointment of former Sci Fi Channel programming executive Ian Valentine as senior vice president of programming at Game Show Network (GSN). Valentine's responsibilities as programming executive; His plans for the network's programming; His career history.
- Bob Barker Was Just Right as Host of 'Price'. Beverly, Steve // Television Week;7/2/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 26/27, p10
The article focuses on the career of Bob Barker as host of the television game show "The Price is Right." The free-wheeling structure that also cemented the phrase "Come on down" as part of American culture was tailor-made for Barker. Not only did the show work, the hour-long "The Price is...
- Mumbai Native Wins 'Jeopardy!' Tournament of Champions. Tsering, Lisa // India -- West;6/4/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 28, pA22
The article announces that Vijay Balse, a Mumbai, India native, won 250,000 dollars in the television game show "Jeopardy!" in the U.S. It mentions that Balse tried out six times in 16 years for the game show before earning the said amount. According to Balse, winning the said game show is...
- KNOW YOUR TV LADY TEAMS. O'conneii, Michael // Hollywood Reporter;4/29/2016, Vol. 422 Issue 13, p120
The article previews several television talk shows including "The Talk" and "The View" and also presents a chart related to the 75th anniversary of the American Television (TV) game show, and recognition of actress Sonia Manzano with the Lifetime Achievement Daytime Emmy award.
- The World Is Flat For NBC Prime. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;11/20/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p4
The article discusses how NBC has stopped its ratings bleeding during the fall 2006 season, and now needs to find a way to get more scripted programming. NBC is now up in the important adults 18-49 demographic by three-tenths of a rating, mainly due to the addition of "Sunday Night Football."...
- Andrew's TIME OUT. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);3/3/2008, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p106
The article presents information on Andrew O'Keefe, host of the television game show "Deal or No Deal" in Australia. A brief information is given on his former legal profession. The television personality was spotted spending time with his sons during a family outing at Bondi Beach in Sydney,...