Price Cut Gains Data-Only Subscribers
- Charter Tries Its Own Skinny Bundle. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;10/26/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p2
The article reports on the release of the subscription Internet television (TV) service Spectrum TV Stream by the pay TV provider Charter Communications.
- NCI, Navio set to go on Enhanced TV. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/18/97, Vol. 127 Issue 34, p52
Focuses on Enhanced TV's plans to launch an Internet TV venture.
- Can US pay-TV providers withstand the internet? // Telecom Asia;Feb/Mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p9
The article offers information on challenges faced by Pay-Television providers in the U.S. by increasing trend of internet services in the U.S.
- REPORT: CONNECTED-TV USER TWICE AS LIKELY TO CUT CORD. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/12/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p7
The article reports that owners who have Internet-connected television (TV) are more likely to cut their pay-TV service as compared to users without a connected TV, according to research and advisory company Diffusion Group.
- REPORT: 30% OF PAY-TV HOUSEHOLDS AT RISK TO CHEAPER ONLINE OPTIONS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/25/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p10
The article reports on In-Stat's findings that almost one in three U.S. households with subscription-based pay-television might terminate such service for lower-cost Internet video alternatives.
- REPORT: PAY-TV SUBS LOOKING FOR DEALS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/4/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p8
The article reports on the finding of a survey conducted by research company Centris which indicated that nearly 20 percent of U.S. households will attempt to bundle telephone, Internet and premium channel service with their multichannel video distributor.
- Worldwide Pay-TV Subscriber to Reach 907 Million. Massé, Dan // Microwave Journal;Feb2013, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p63
The article reports a substantial increase in the subscribers of the Pay-TV market, premium channels offering subscription-based television services, in the year 2012, and forecasts an increase in the number of global internet protocol television (IPTV) subscriber base in 2013.
- Bootstrapping the fall. Ellis, Leslie // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p74
Focuses on the impact of growth of subscriber growth on the industry-wide evaluation of pricing in the U.S. Characterization of subscriber tallies; Increase of broadband equity valuations; Percentage increase of aggregate subscribership.
- Aussies: It's H'wood's fault. Lewes, Jacqueline Lee // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/26/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 16, p108
Reports on the accusation of Foxtel chief executive officer Kim Williams against Hollywood studios of contributing to the slow growth of Australia's pay television industry with overpriced movies. Capitalization of the intense competition for programming by the studios; Proposal of an...