Verizon: Big-Fiber Triple Play's On the Way
- VERIZON ADDS 194,000 FIOS VIDEO SUBS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the 201,000 net new fiber-optic Internet (FiOS) connections in U.S. homes added by Verizon Communications in the fourth quarter of 2011, including 194,000 video subscribers.
- Mass. Slowdown For Verizon FiOS. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p18
The article focuses on data released by Massachusetts Department of Telecommunications and Cable (DTC) which discloses the slow down in the uptake of telecommunication service from Verizon Communication Inc. considering the near-end of its fiber optic services (FiOS) buildout.
- BUCKS COUNTY COMMUNITY GETS FIBER OPTIC CABLE. // RBOC Update;Aug2000, p1
Reports the installation of an innovative fiber optic cable and associated electronic equipment by the Verizon Communications in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Implication for the provision of additional broadband capability to establishments; Features of the fiber optic system; Relevance of the...
- the last mover advantage. Chen, Christine Y. // Fortune International (Europe);7/9/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on telecommunications company Verizon and its efforts to build a high-speed global network. Initial belief that Verizon was behind in the purchase of bandwidth; Plans of Verizon to build up an international network by buying fiber optic networks from other telecommunication companies...
- FiOS to upgrade widgets. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/20/2009, Vol. 56 Issue 14, p12A
The article reports on the plan of Verizon to extend its fiber optic service (FiOS) widgets to third-party developers in Long Island, New York. The widgets feature micro-blogging platform while watching a television show. It notes that one of the widgets is capable to update user profile in...
- Verizon completes installation of optical cable linking switching centers in lower Manhattan. // ATM/ Gigabit;Dec2012, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p15
The article reports on the completion of the installation of fiber optic cables linking switching centers in lower Manhattan, New York City by telecommunications company Verizon Communications Inc.
- Verizon Unhooks 30 Subs. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p18
The article reports that Verizon Communications will disconnect 30 of its fiber optic services or FiOS video customers in the village of Great Neck, New York. According to Verizon, the customers were erroneously connected in advance when the company was negotiating a franchise in the area....
- The fiber guy. Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;11/13/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p47
The article presents information on John Moretti, who is a field technician working for Verizon Communications Inc. Presently, he is installing fiber-optic cable in Staten Island homes in New York, which is a part of Verizon's FiOS high-speed Internet service. According to Moretti, the...
- FTTP AWAKENING. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;5/9/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 9, p40
Reports on the surge in fiber-to-the-premises (FTTP) technology deployment in the United States in mid-2004, after languishing for many years. Further growth in usage among U.S. home predicted by research analysis firm In-Stat; FTTP deployment accounted for by Verizon Communications; Wave of...