FOR THE RECORD
- Will Eyre's departure herald a downturn for ITV? Reed, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);11/12/99, Issue 45, p18
Features industry leaders' views about Richard Eyre's departure as chief executive of ITV cable television network. Contributions made to the success of the network; Eyre's role in persuading ITV companies to increase program budgets; Challenges facing the network in its search for Eyre's...
- TBS sr. veep Head ankles originals arm. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;02/16/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 55, p9
Reports that Jim Head, senior vice president of original programming for TBS Superstation, has resigned from the company to pursue other opportunities. Plans by TBS to eliminate Head's position after his exit; Career background of Head; Employment background of Head with TBS.
- Comedy net ups Ganeless. Shirkani, K.D. // Daily Variety;03/14/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the promotion of Michele Ganeless to senior vice president of programming at Comedy Central. Job responsibilities; Career background.
- Ganeless in USA fold. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;06/12/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 7, p1
Informs that Michelle Ganeless is moving from United States-based cable channel Comedy Central to USA Networks where she has been appointed executive vice president and general manager. Job responsibilities; Career background.
- Could Cable's Virtues Really 'All Go Away'? Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p10
Focuses on the competition being faced by cable television providers. Remarks from Comcast CEO Brian Roberts to a quote about cable virtues given by CableFAX Daily; Strategies of competitors in selling their products; Services that cable television providers offer to their subscribers.
- ROBERTS: COMCAST MOVING ON. Crabtree, Susan // Daily Variety;5/4/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 21, p4
Reports on cable network Comcast Corp. executive, Brian Roberts' search for an entertainment company acquisition deal. Reasons behind the failure of Comcast to acquire Disney; Reasons behind Roberts' interest in entertainment firm acquisitions.
- National Show 2005. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/11/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 15, p22
Presents photographs of various executives who participated in the annual summit of the National Cable Television Association in the U.S. in 2004. John Chambers; Jeffrey Katzenberg; Brian Roberts.
- Comcast Downplays SportsNet Talk. J. M. H. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/8/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 32, p6
Reports that Brian Roberts, CEO of Comcast, has dismissed speculation that he is planning to build up his Outdoor Life Network (OLN) into a rival of cable television network ESPN. Claim made in an article published on the "Wall Street Journal"; Bids discussed for OLN.
- Comcast Funds Wideband, Digital TV. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on the plan of cable television company, Comcast Corp. to spend up to $500 million in the deployment of DOCSIS 3.0 to more than 65% of its footprint in additional markets in the U.S. Comcast chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts told the investors that the company's...