Virus Fix Slows Down Cox's E-Mail Server
- Cox to Test Bandwidth Throttling. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/2/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p2
The article reports that Cox Communications will begin testing a bandwidth-management system which could delay Internet applications. It is said that the cable operator will initiate tests of the system in Kansas and Arkansas markets. Cox spokesman David Grabert said that the company aims for...
- The Plague of the Virus. Keefe, Linda // Fleet Equipment;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p13
Provides information on computer viruses and how to prevent it. How to differentiate a hardware problem from a virus; Critical parts of anti-virus software; Several Web sites that offer information about specific viruses.
- Detecting And Recovering From A Virus Incident--Part 1. Stone, John // Business Communications Review;Mar2003, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p42
Provides tips in handling computer virus attacks in the U.S. Identification of the attack; Methods of virus distribution; Importance of having updated antivirus software; Assessment of the infection vector. INSETS: Immediate Response: Update Your Antivirus Software;In Search Of System Zero.
- Cyber Infections. Pietromonaco, Peter // Poptronics;Dec2002, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on the software programs known as viruses, worms and Trojan horses that infect the computer systems causing a wide range of problems. Basic terminology related to the destruction causing programs; Examples of some of the computer viruses; Precautions to be taken to avoid being affected...
- The Bug Report. // InfoWorld;11/22/99, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p28
Offers a solution to the computer bug associated with the application of Sun-Netscape Alliance's iPlanet Web Server, Enterprise Edition 4.0 Service Pack 2 on a Compaq platform.
- Virus protection across networks. Walker, Christy // PC Week;08/11/97, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p53
Discusses LANDesk Virus Protect 5.0 client/server software from Intel Corp., a virus protection system that provides centralized protection for networks running different operating systems across multiple network operating systems. Features; Manageability; Price; Contact information.
- Here's a little advice to help you defeat the Internet's leading Trojan horse viruses. McClure, Stuart; Scambray, Joel // InfoWorld;12/04/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p58
Gives advice on how to defeat Trojan horse computer viruses. Most popular Trojan horse on the Internet; Ways in which a Subseven infection can occur; How to detect viruses.
- Wireless Anti-virus Hits U.K. // Wireless Week;10/09/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p30
Highlights the availability of anti-virus software for wireless devices in the United Kingdom. Offering of Wireless Security Center for handeld devices; Where to buy the software.
- ASK JAMES. Hunt, James // Micro Mart;9/19/2013, Issue 1278, p94
The article provides an answer to a question on the origin of the bProtect.D virus and what it does.