Puerto Rico's Ripe for a Rollup
- Deals:. // CableFAX Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p1
Presents updates on deals in the cable industry in the U.S. as of May 2, 2006. Information on the deal between Comcast and Susquehanna's cable and broadband division; Completion of the acquisition deal between Avista Capital Partners and WideOpenWest; Value of the definitive agreement between...
- Deals:. // CableFAX Daily;7/5/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 128, p1
Presents news briefs on cable networks in the U.S. as of July 2006. Completion of the sale of Charter's various systems to SuddenLink and New Wave; Acquisition of PanAmSat by Intelsat.
- A no-brainer for the FCC. // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p9
Editorial. Focuses on the merger plan of AT&T and Comcast. Opinion of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the merger plan; Impact of the merger on small cable company; Purpose of the merger.
- RespondTV Accelerates with Vendor Buyout. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p10
Focuses on the acquisition of AccelerateTV by RespondTV Inc., a cable television network based in San Francisco, California. Implications for the enhanced-television package of RespondTV; Retention of AccelerateTV employees and other facilities; Plan to offer applications to AT&T Broadband.
- Cable's urge to merge unabated. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;7/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 32, p12
Reports on the growth of cable system mergers and acquisitions in the United States, based on a research by Daniels & Associates. Projections for 1996; Figures on transactions; Small operators' withdrawal from the industry.
- The cablers. Dempsey, John; Nix, Jennifer; Morgan, Richard // Variety;04/20/98, Vol. 370 Issue 10, p22
Presents several news briefs pertaining to cable television companies and other related topics in the United States as of April 20-26, 1998. Turner Broadcasting System's payment for licensing New Line Cinema's `Lost in Space'; Merger between Renaissance Media and Time Warner; Compensations of...
- Liberty postpones deal with DT. Foreman, Liza // Daily Variety;8/30/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 64, p5
Reports the delay of the acquisition of Deutsche Telekom's cable system by Liberty Media in Germany. Attempt of Liberty Media for a renegotiation of favorable terms on a weak financial position and a falling stock price; Schedule for the approval of the deal; Need of Deutsche Telekom to pay...
- PAYBOX MERGER OK'D. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;5/14/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 53, p6
Reports the merger between Telepiu and Stream in Italy. Provisions of the deal; Acquisition on the soccer rights of Telepiu; Citation on the conditions of the merger.
- Juno warms to TW, AOL on Web cable access. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;11/30/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 62, p5
Focuses on the plans of Juno Online to merge with Time Warner and America Online (AOL) for the offering of Web cable access in the United States. Deal signed by would-be merger partners with Internet service provider Earthlink; Issues on the AOL-Time Warner merger; Federal assessment of the...